The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, network, and related procedures adhere to organizational values.
This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the initiation and planning of software/hardware systems. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions.
1. Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
2. Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure network, hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements with the PMC infrastructure.
3. Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
4. Contribute to and maintain system standards.
5. Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
6. Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all network, hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
7. Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
8. Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
9. Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
10. Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
11. Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
12. Apply OS and hardware patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
13. Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
14. Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
15. Perform ongoing performance tuning, network tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
16. Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
17. Follows change control processes.
18. Meets all departmental competencies.
19. Adheres to medical centers guidelines addressing infection control, safety, and personnel guidelines.
20. Maintains patient confidentiality and treats patients and families with respect and dignity.
21. Performs other related duties and projects as assigned or requested.
Must have in depth knowledge in computer technology: such as modern operating systems (Linux, Windows, etc.), virtualization, networking, and wireless. Requires the ability to act independently, resolve issue quickly, and recognize when issues arise that may require escalation. Both verbal and written communication skills are required.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE:
Bachelor's Degree in a technology-related profession is preferred. A minimum of 4 years of experience working in the Information Technology field.
About Pikeville Medical Center
PMC is a 261-bed tertiary care center offering more than 400 services with over 300 physicians on staff and approximately 2,500 employees. This year we are excited to be celebrating our 90th year of service to the community and surrounding area. We are currently members of the Mayo Clinic Care Network; an association that we believe is extremely beneficial to our patients, as well as our physicians. We are proud to offer all specialties and nearly all sub-specialty services. PMC provides the best comprehensive benefits package you will find anywhere and a quality work life like no other.
Pikeville Medical Center is preparing to receive a Level II Trauma accreditation by early summer of 2015. Last year the hospital received more than100 air transfers and over 700 ambulance transfers with trauma patients.
PMC has been recognized by the U.S. News & World Report as one of the best regional referral centers. Modern HealthCare Magazine recently selected PMC as one of the Top 40 Hottest HealthCare based on our financial growth. Moody Investors Service has recently reaffirmed PMC with the A3 long-term rating with a stable outlook. This confirmed our financial growth and stability. While other hospitals are being down-graded by Moody Investors Service, PMC stands firm and continues to experience growth resulting in our need for more well-trained staff.
Wed, 21 Jun 2017 06:30:37 PDT