Transition to College Programs Director (Academic Program Director)
Hostos Community College of The City University of New York is seeking a dynamic and accomplished leader to serve as Director of Transition to College Programs in the Division of Continuing Education and Workforce Development. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Continuing Education and Workforce Development, the successful candidate will be responsible for the college's pre-college programs to include the following: CUNY Language Immersion Program (CLIP), Pre-CLIP, CUNY Start, Math Start, Adult Literacy, Liberty Partnership, Strive 4 Success, and CUNY Fatherhood Academy.
In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of all related programs; administers the finances of all programs.
- Hires, supervises and evaluates faculty and program staff.
- Responsible for professional development activities for instructors and program staff.
- Manages curriculum development, including reviewing and revising new theme-based curricula with instructors.
- Oversees student intake, recruitment, advisement and referral, prepares and submits reports.
- Serves as liaison to Hostos academic departments as well as other CUNY program specific committees.
- Continuously collaborates and communicates with the other program directors of the Division.
- Oversees unit's academic advisement.
Bachelor's Degree and eight years' relevant experience required.
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Bachelor's degree in ESL, Curriculum Design, or College Transitional Programs; Master's degree in related discipline
- Minimum of six (6) years of related teaching and administrative experience, three of which are in an adult education setting
- Experience with ESL programs for adults
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong people skills
- Availability to work evening and weekend hours
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Directs curriculum development and operations of a College's specialized academic program under executive oversight.
- Designs, implements and monitors a comprehensive academic program development plan
- Administers all curricular, administrative, and financial aspects of the program
- Oversees program evaluation efforts and creates strategic plan to further develop program offerings
- Manages annual budget; develops proposals and other initiatives for expanded program support
- Cultivates and maintains strategic partnerships; serves as primary liaison to faculty and administrators to plan and execute programming activities
- May participate in faculty recruitment efforts
- Manages professional and clerical staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Program Director
Higher Education Officer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: "Employment" and "Search Job Listings'
Please attach your resume, cover letter, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references.
July 11, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Hostos Community College
Job Title: Transition to College Programs Director (Academic Program Director)
Job ID: 15529
Full/Part Time: Full-Time