Academic Program Coordinator - Marxe School of Public and International Affairs
Baruch College of the City University of New York is a catalyst for the social, cultural, and financial mobility of a diverse student body. It is ranked among the region's and nation's top colleges by U.S. News & World Report, Forbes, and Princeton Review.
This mission of the Austin W. Marxe School of Public and International Affairs is to empower the next generation of public and nonprofit leaders, advance knowledge about public life and policy, and engage communities across the city, nation, and world to foster effective, inclusive institutions and societies.
The Academic Program Coordinator reports to the Deputy Director of Academic Programs and will:
- Provide staff support for the Office of Academic Programs and the Marxe Learning Assessment Committee.
- Coordinate the assessment of degree programs, including the Bachelor of Science in Public Affairs, Master of Public Administration, Master of International Affairs, Master of Science in Education, and any new programs that may be delivered by the School.
- Assist with implementation of methods and participates in the collection and analysis of assessment data.
- Provide data for assessment reports.
- Assist with faculty and/or student focus groups when necessary.
- Perform analyses of student records using CUNYfirst queries.
- Utilize webinars and other virtual methods to assess student learning.
- Assist with the preparation of data for the Dean, Associate Dean, and faculty to improve programs and initiatives to improve retention and academic enrichment of undergraduate and graduate students.
Bachelor's Degree required.
Master's degree in public administration, higher education administration, or other relevant social science fields preferred. Experience with Excel and SPSS, or other statistical package. Expertise in quantitative methods, including survey research and causal estimation, and qualitative methods, including focus groups preferred. Familiarity with assessment software a plus.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides basic operational and analytical support related to a College's specialized academic program.
- Supports the directors and managers with orientation preparation, student advisement regarding program requirements, and providing basic information about financial aid and registration
- Manages office records including faculty files; prepares reports and surveys; collects and maintains statistical data on program activities
- Serves as liaison to various College offices to provide service delivery and appropriate referrals to students
- Collects and reviews syllabi to ensure compliance with standards
- Serves as resource person for students and faculty regarding program policies and procedures
- May supervise office operations and/or monitor department budget
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Program Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
July 20, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Baruch College
Job Title: Academic Program Coordinator - Marxe School of Public and International Affairs
Job ID: 16988
Full/Part Time: Full-Time