Print Shop Asst 2
This class of positions encompasses the performance of entry-level work in the field of college print shop activities. There are two assignment levels within this class of positions. In addition to the following typical assignments, all employees perform other related duties.
Assignment Level I
- Under close supervision, performs simple and repetitive work using uncomplicated reproduction and auxiliary equipment according to standard operating procedures. Such work includes: setting up, operating, and maintaining quick-copy equipment and folding, saddle stitching, collating, binding, punching, padding, and cutting the equipment; operating addressograph, inserting, and mailing equipment; picking up and delivering work; performing recordkeeping, housekeeping, and inventory tasks.
Assignment Level II
- Under moderate supervision performs basic printing and duplicating work using standard equipment and machinery to produce black and white and single color line items. Such work includes: setting up, operating, and maintaining offset press and duplicating machines, automatic collating, folding & stapling, and binding equipment; creating photo offset masters by the photo direct method; mixing inks and chemicals; performing recordkeeping, housekeeping, and inventorying tasks.
Print Shop Assistant
- Possession of a high school diploma, or equivalent, preferably from a trade, vocation, or technical school, AND
- Six (6) months' experience in basic printing, duplicating, and/or reproduction work, OR
- A combination of education and/or experience which is equivalent to requirements 1 and 2.
- A degree of manual dexterity and visual acuity is necessary.
New Hire: $32,020
This amount reflects a 13% salary suppression in effect for the first 24 months of employment only.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: Select "Employment", then select "Search Job Postings" and find JOB ID #16983. Please attach resume. References on request. Please do not include any other documentation. If you have applied to JOB ID# 16148, you must reapply to the above JOB ID# to be considered.
For general assistance with your CUNYfirst application, please go to http://www.cuny.edu/employment/jobsysteminstructions.html for information.
July 20, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Support Staff
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Bronx Community College
Job Title: Print Shop Asst 2
Job ID: 16983
Full/Part Time: Full-Time