PT Instructor Community Health Worker
Department Name Healthcare Solutions
Campus or Location Unified Technology Center
Vacancy Number PT104-16
Reports To Director
Recruitment Type External/Internal
Job Category Part-Time Faculty
Position Type Full-Time
Union Position Non-Union
Number of Openings 2
Job Description Summary
Teach a full range of skills and knowledge required of Workforce Solutions Direct Healthcare Training program offerings for the Center of Health Industry Solutions.
Provide leadership, supervision, and control of classroom activities.
• Implement approved direct healthcare training curriculum to enhance the learning options of program participants.
• Monitor attendance, maintain records, score and evaluate educational performance of participants according to College and Ohio Department of Health requirements.
• When appropriate identify and refer participants for supportive services to enhance student success.
• Maintain knowledge of current changes and trends within the Healthcare Industry.
• Performs other related duties as needed.
• Prior classroom instruction and/or training experience in healthcare.
• Requires a current RN license and two years case management, care coordinator or navigator nursing experience.
• Must have current "Train-the Trainer" certificate issued by an agent of the Ohio Department of Health.
• Must be proficient with the use of computers to enter grades and attendance electronically
• Must be able to develop and maintain excellent relationships with a diverse staff and student population
• Ability to manage key metrics
• Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Consistently demonstrate the highest levels of integrity
• Possess great energy, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively with a broad range of students.
• Credibility, presence, and excellent facilitation abilities are required.
Professional presentation skills
Familiarization with Blackboard and other current presentation and testing software
Hours will vary depending on class times
Posting Open Date 09/22/2015
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).