Assistant Professor and Coordinator of the Nurse Practitioner Program
Position: Assistant Professor and Coordinator of the Nurse Practitioner Program
Position # 50011685
Effective Date: August 1, 2017
The School of Nursing at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (UTC) seeks a full time 12 month faculty member for a tenure earning position. The School of Nursing offers the BSN, MSN and DNP degree in nursing and embraces the shared governance model as well as Boyer’s Model of scholarship.
This individual should have demonstrated academic leadership capabilities and a desire to grow the program in innovative and creative ways.
- Serve as the Program coordinator for the Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) and Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP) Concentrations. Additionally, this individual will serve as the coordinator of the FNP concentration
- Oversee the Nurse Practitioner Program
- Develop, teach, and maintain the FNP and AGACNP curricula
- Oversee the transition of the MSN NP to a BSN-DNP program for each of the concentrations
- Advise NP students regarding progression, graduation and certification
- Oversee the CCNE accreditation and NCSBN requirements for both concentrations
- Manage enrollment and actively engage in recruitment efforts for both concentrations
- Participate in the School of Nursing, university service and/or professional service
- Assist in monitoring and supporting learner success and collaborate with curriculum development and revisions
- Engage in scholarship activities
- Must be nationally certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner and hold current licensure as an APN in the state of Tennessee.
- Master’s degree in nursing and doctoral preparation in nursing or related field
- Will consider MSN if applicant is currently enrolled in a doctoral program and will earn the terminal degree within 12 months of hire
- A minimum of three years clinical experience working with patients in primary or acute care settings as a Family Nurse Practitioner
- Academic teaching experience preferred
Applicants should prepare to submit a letter of interest, a current curriculum vita, copies of unofficial transcripts and a statement of teaching philosophy to: https://ut.taleo.net/careersection/utc_faculty/jobdetail.ftl?job=17000000VK. Official transcripts for all post-secondary academic work and three letters of professional reference are subject to be requested of all applicants during the screening process. Inquiries may be made at (423) 425-4644. Application review begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.