Faculty Position in Health Care
Open date: June 21st, 2017
Last review date: July 24th, 2017
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: June 30th, 2018
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Faculty Position in Health Care
The Paul Merage School of Business at the University of California, Irvine announces one position in Health Care to begin as early as July 1, 2018. The position is designated for either an advanced tenured Associate or a Full Professor.
We seek applicants with a Ph.D. in a relevant business discipline (e.g., marketing, finance, strategy) or business-related discipline (e.g., economics, psychology, sociology). The ideal candidate is an outstanding scholar with a research portfolio that includes work on the business of health care. Within that broad category, all areas of health care economics, management, strategy or related areas such as health care policy will be considered. All applicants should have a strong research record and a commitment to excellence in teaching. At the full professor level, a successful candidate will be an individual of international reputation, with a record of high quality research and strong collaborations with policy relevance. Such candidates may be eligible for a chaired position. Candidates must have interest in teaching or otherwise participating across the numerous health care programs at Merage (MD/MBA, executive MBA) as well as in helping to grow the school's Center for Health Care Management and Policy.
HEALTH CARE AT THE MERAGE SCHOOL:
The school provides a supportive research environment and offers MS, MBA, PhD and Undergraduate degree programs. The health care faculty member would benefit from strong collegial relationships, both within the Merage School and more broadly across the University, especially in Economics, Medicine, Nursing, Law and Public Health. For information about the University of California, Irvine and The Paul Merage School of Business, please see the web site at http://www.merage.uci.edu/.
For a complete listing of faculty positions at The Paul Merage School of Business, please log onto UC Irvine's RECRUIT at https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/.
For the tenured Associate, or Full Professor in Health Care position, please apply at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF03998
Applicants must complete an online application profile and upload the following application materials electronically to be considered for the position:
(1) a curriculum vitae
(2) a brief statement on research, teaching, and service
(3) a separate statement that addresses past and/or potential contributions to diversity, equity and inclusion must be included in the application materials
(4) seven references (names only) - an offer at the Associate or Full Professor level will involve a review for tenure
(5) samples of scholarly writing
(6) teaching evaluations
(7) any additional publications, working papers, or evidence of interest/experience in administrative leadership
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, although first consideration will be given to completed applications received by September 30th 2017.
If you have any questions about the application process please contact:
The Paul Merage School of Business
University of California, Irvine
Irvine, CA 92697-3125
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy. A recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity, UCI is responsive to the needs of dual career couples, supports work-life balance through an array of family-friendly policies, and is dedicated to broadening participation in higher education.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Statement of Research (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching (Optional)
- Statement of Service (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Samples of Scholarly Writing (Optional)
- Teaching Evaluations (Optional)
- Any additional publications, working papers, or evidence of interest in administrative leadership (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
0-7 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now