* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine - Psychiatry - ARTS
Position #729261 - Requisition 07060
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus seeks an Health Care Technician III to work in the School of Medicine - Department of Psychiatry - Addiction Research and Treatment Services (ARTS) at the beautiful Ft. Logan Campus located in Southwest Denver. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
The University of Colorado Denver seeking a full-time, University Staff (non-classified) Addictions Nurse (Health Care Technician III) for an open position within the Addiction Research and Treatment Services (ARTS) Adult Outpatient Program, with clinic locations in Denver, Aurora and Lakewood. The ARTS Adult Outpatient Program is within the School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry. ARTS Adult Outpatient clinics provide drug and alcohol assessment, psychosocial and pharmacological treatment for adults. Programs in various clinic locations include traditional outpatient, intensive outpatient and may contain specialty services for clients referred by the criminal justice system, county departments of human services, and services for pregnant women, individuals who are HIV positive or gender responsive services. The University of Colorado Denver is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. University of Colorado Denver and ARTS is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Examples of Work Performed:
This position will be required to work between three Opioid Treatment Programs, located in Aurora, Lakewood, and Denver.
This position is required to work 40 hours per week during business operations, 5:00am - 1:30pm; Monday- Friday and 5:00 to 10:00am Saturday
This is a nursing position and responsible for performing nursing duties related to dispensing medications and drawing labs.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Medication Administration Administers Methadone, Suboxone, Naltrexone, Antabuse and Vivitrol to patients.
- Assess patients' needs for physical exams, reporting observations to physicians and counselors.
- Monitor vital signs.
- Blood Drawing Monitors for tuberculosis skin test results.
- Assess adverse reaction to medications and issues related to drug overdose, HIV, and/or HCV related issues.
- Infectious Materials/Human Blood or Bodily Fluids
- Maintains current and accurate records and treatment notes as required by policy.
- Maintains accurate inventory records according to all regulatory agency standards.
- Attends treatment team meetings and case conferences.
- Composes medication reports and provides them to medical staff and counselors.
Training and Certification/License:
- Attends approved training sessions for the purpose of upgrading skills and obtaining or maintaining all required certifications and/or licenses.
- Must be IV certified
Performs Other Duties as Assigned:
- May include, but not limited to: billing and voucher tracking, collecting drug tests, answering phone, etc.
The hiring salary for this position is $43,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
1. High school diploma or GED
3. Two years of nursing assistance or related experience
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Must possess and maintain a valid Driver's License
• Must possess and maintain a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license with the Department of Regularity Agencies (DORA) or a similar license within another state.
• Must possess and maintain IV certification
• Must agree to fingerprinting and criminal background check. Required background checks include a review with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) AND the Central Registry of Child Protection (Trails).
• Subject to pre-employment, post-accident or incident or reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing per UCD Addiction Research and Treatment Services Department Policies.
• Must be willing and able to work 40 hours per week during business operations, 5:00am - 1:30pm, Monday - Friday and 5:00 - 10:00am Saturday.
Substitution: College course work appropriate to the assignment may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
• Experience with medication assisted treatment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Ability to draw blood
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Gloria Seel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20280 - SOM-PSYCH-ARTS SP/G
Posting Date: Jan 9, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Gloria Seel
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00729261