University of Colorado - College of Arts and Media
Lecturer - Sculpture
This posting will establish and maintain a pool of Lecturers for the College of Arts & Media Visual Arts Department in the area of Transmedia. Candidates hired from this pool will fill temporary, non-tenure track positions and will teach no more than two courses per semester. Appointments will be part-time (less than 50%) and will be made semester-by-semester, depending on the needs of the department. Therefore, this posting does not necessarily reflect a current open position. This temporary Lecturer recruitment pool is anticipated to remain continuously active until December 31, 2018, at which point all applicants will be cleared from the pool. Applicants are encouraged to apply to future recruitment pools after that date.
This position reports to the Visual Arts Department and the Transmedia Sculpture Area.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Instructing students to use sculpture as a tool for creative expression
- Evaluating sculptural projects for conceptual and technical merit
- Introducing students to diverse processes, media and equipment to advance their creative practice and self-expression skills.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to demonstrate sculptural techniques to students
- Knowledge of historical and contemporary fine artists, genres, and styles
- Knowledge of contemporary fine art practice in global context that links screen based technology with studio practice
- Ability to convey complex artistic theories and concepts to students
- Interest in mentorship of professional connections for students
- MFA in Sculpture, Studio Arts, Digital Media or Architecture or relevant course of study
- Broad knowledge of wood, metal and or foundry practices
- Ability to teach and work with a diverse student body
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Familiarity with safe work practices
- Expertise in leading critiques of sculptural work
- 2-3 years teaching experience
- Skills in installation, performance and or electronic media
- Multidisciplinary arts practice
Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/careers, refer to job posting 04039.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Required Application Materials: 1) A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2) A current CV/resume 3) The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references. Salary depends on the number of credit hours per class and ranges from $1,265 to $4,815 per course. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30120 - CAM-Visual Arts
Posting Date: Feb 22, 2016
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Stephanie Kelly
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00648413