University of Colorado - School of Medicine
The Department of Emergency Medicine at the University of Colorado School of Medicine is currently recruiting full-time emergency physicians to serve as clinical or academic faculty who will have expertise in educating learners (including residents), research, or clinical subspecialty areas including but not limited to point of care ultrasound, sports medicine, palliative care, toxicology, critical care, hyperbarics, and quality and patient safety. Duties will include patient care and bedside teaching as well as limited didactic teaching of emergency medicine residents and medical students.
The Emergency Department at the University of Colorado Hospital is a 55,000 square foot state of the art facility with 74 treatment areas including a 16 bed observation unit and is a major teaching site for the Denver Health Residency in Emergency Medicine. The University of Colorado Hospital is a 551 bed tertiary care referral center, level II trauma center, ABA verified burn center, and joint commission certified comprehensive stroke center of excellence and is part of the newly formed University of Colorado Health System. Current patient volumes are in excess of 75,000 visits per year with anticipated growth of 10-20% annually.
- Possess a strong dedication to clinical activities, as they relate to an individual's areas of expertise and experience, including providing care to adult and pediatric patients.
- Clinical activity that will result in promotion as stipulated in the UCSOM Faculty Handbook.
- Clinical responsibilities include attending in the Emergency Department of the University of Colorado Hospital at the Anschutz Inpatient Pavilion (AIP). As one of the goals of the Department of Emergency Medicine is integration across our distributed campus, clinical duties may also be assigned to the Emergency Department at Denver Health Medical Center.
Teaching responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Bedside teaching and supervision.
- Participation in didactic education for emergency medicine residents and students.
Administrative responsibilities will be limited to ensure time to develop a clinical career but may include:
- Participation in quality improvement initiatives in the Department of Emergency Medicine.
- Participation in ad hoc and established Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Colorado Hospital, or School of Medicine committees as needed.
The successful candidate will have completed an emergency medicine residency, be board prepared or certified by the American Board of Emergency Medicine.
Required Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The successful candidate will have demonstrated potential for outstanding clinical performance.
Completion of a four-year ABEM accredited residency in Emergency Medicine and a track record of clinical productivity, preferably with clinical shifts which have included direct supervision Emergency Medicine residents at a level I or Level II Trauma Center or tertiary care hospital.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID:06113
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20353 - SOM-Emergency Medicine
Posting Date: Jul 27, 2016
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Frances Schulz
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00007683