Instructor-NP for FPMRS
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
The Division of Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery, a combined subspecialty in the Departments of Urology and Obstetrics & Gynecology, has an opening for a full-time Nurse Practitioner at the Instructor faculty level at the University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora, Colorado. This position at the Instructor faculty level is to facilitate and extend the clinical service and research activities of the Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery (FPMRS) Division.
Job Responsibilities: The Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Section of Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery has an opening for a full-time position for a Nurse Practitioner at the Instructor faculty level to facilitate and extend the clinical service and research activities of the Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery (FPMRS) section. This position will:
- Work under the supervision of the Directors and Faculty of the Section of Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery in the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Develop and run the Pelvic Floor Therapy Program which includes:
- Pelvic floor muscle rehabilitation with electrical stimulation for incontinence and pelvic floor dysfunction
- Pelvic myofascial release for chronic levator spasm
- Trigger point injection for pelvic myofascial pain
- Patient education on behavioral modification, pelvic floor exercises and self administered stimulation
- Postpartum pelvic rejuvenation
- Manage patients for interstitial cystitis (Oral and intravesical medication + Pelvic Floor Therapy)
- Manage triage with nursing staff for all incoming phone messages
- Triage and evaluate all patients from the WPHS practice who need to be seen urgently
- Triage emergent urogynecological patients on floor or in ER when residents or physicians are not available
- Perform percutaneous tibial nerve and sacral nerve stimulation indicated for overactive bladder, neurogenic bladder and interstitial cystitis
- Program interstim devices
- Optimize medical management of patients with incontinence, OAB, pelvic floor dysfunction
- Perform pessary fitting and maintenance
- Educate patients on self catheterization
- Participate in clinical research
- Participate in outreach lectures, luncheons and events to community physicians and public
- Delegate aspects of patients' care to other team members
- Coordinate hospital admissions
- Contribute to the training of residents and fellows
- Support the clinical and research activities of the FPMRS Section
Sites of Practice:
The current sites of practice are the University of Colorado Hospital on the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora, Colorado (primary site) and the Lone Tree office, (Park Meadows Drive). Additional sites in the future may be possible depending on expansion of the program.
Infectious Materials/Human Blood or Bodily Fluids
HIPAA - Treatment
- Nurse Practitioner with current license in the State of Colorado.
- Gynecologic and Urologic experience strongly preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 06152
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21598 - SOM-OB/GYN FPMRS
Posting Date: Jan 11, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Michelle Jaramillo
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00726799