Metro Regional Training Coordinator
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
Kempe Center for the Prevention and Treatment of Child Abuse and Neglect
Metro Regional Training Coordinator (Business Services Senior Professional)
Position #735207 - Requisition 10018
The Kempe Center has an opening for a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) Metro Regional Training Coordinator (Business Services Senior Professional) position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
Nature of Work:
Jobs in this career family provide general business operations of the organization or a combination of operational responsibilities covering multiple career families. Functions include institutional research, statistical analysis, policy development and review, strategic planning and broad unit business operations such as parking and transportation services, risk management, childcare services, real estate and property management, retail services or job responsibilities that combine fiscal, HR and operational management responsibilities.
Senior Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed fully independently.
The Kempe Center for the Prevention and Treatment of Child Abuse and Neglect serves as the Central Management Organization (CMO) for Colorado's Child Welfare Training System (CWTS). The mission of the CWTS is to provide competency-driven learning opportunities for child welfare professionals by delivering specialized courses for caseworkers, supervisors, case aides, foster parents and other child and family serving personnel. The CWTS is responsible for creating professional development opportunities for initial and ongoing certification through a regionalized structure. The CWTS is committed to responding to the learning needs of county customers by: offering regionalized accessibility to multiple learning structures, maximizing technology, engaging learners in dynamic discussions, utilizing skills-based practice opportunities, appreciating diversity and honoring differences, providing opportunities for county customers to learn the most cutting-edge, evidence-based, best practices in the child welfare field.
The training coordinator will facilitate training, coaching, and technical assistance with county caseworkers, supervisors, and foster parents in a manner that is culturally responsive, leans heavily into adult learning theories, and maximizes technology. The Metro Regional Training Coordinator is responsible for facilitating CWTS courses, including but not necessarily limited to the Fundamentals of Colorado's Child Welfare Casework Practices, in accordance with the CWTS' standards of excellence. This position also provides classroom support (with system set-up and training delivery), interacts with learners, and oversees training logistics (including preparation of training materials and registration).
- Assumes ownership for regional success, including establishing, building and maintaining customer relationships across levels and professional disciplines.
- Ensures project representation and responsiveness in a manner that anticipates customer needs and cultivates regional relationships.
- Facilitates Regional Training Advisory Committee (RTAC) meetings and ensure the needs of the region are known and communicated with project leadership.
- Coordinates all trainings within the region including ensuring comprehensive and timely communication and support with training partners, providers, and participants.
- Markets courses and maintain CWTS communications within the assigned region.
- Facilitates training evaluation tools and ensures data are effectively and accurately delivered and used as a resource to measure performance and enhance results.
- Conducts annual appreciative listening tours and appreciative visits with each county, within region.
- Conducts CQI review on all project and course materials as needed and communicate recommended changes with project leadership.
- Fundamentals facilitation ownership and coordination processes, including training coordination, registration and wait-list management, and materials preparation, and learner relationship establishment.
- Responsible for authoring and overseeing ongoing development and CQI adaptations for Fundamentals courses, to ensure alignment with current best practices, and most innovative liberating learning methods.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $55,000 - $60,000 and is commensurate with skills, experience and years of service with the University of Colorado. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Social Work, Psychology, or other related field.
- Two (2) year of direct Child Welfare practice experience within the State of Colorado.
- Experience as a training facilitator.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a drug test through Children's Hospital Colorado.
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a national criminal background, sex offender registry and motor vehicle record check.
- Must possess a current and valid Colorado Driver's License at time of hire.
- Must have and maintain reliable transportation with full vehicle insurance and be willing and able to travel across the state of Colorado for work. This position is primarily located in Denver, CO, but will require traveling throughout the state, specifically within the Metro Region, at least 30% of the time.
- 2-4 years' of experience working in direct child welfare practice.
- 2-4 years' of experience as a training facilitator.
- Experience facilitating learning for multi-level audiences.
- Experience strengthening the skills of others.
- 2-4 years' of experience providing coaching services.
- Experience assessing, understanding and responding to the learning needs of county customers, across multiple professional levels.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to design, develop, and conduct regional training needs assessments.
- Ability to assess, understand and respond to the learning needs of county customers, across professional levels.
- Ability to develop a regional course calendar that details learning opportunities are available within the region.
- Ability to design, develop, and deliver surveys (Survey Monkey); and facilitate focus groups.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Must have extensive and comprehensive knowledge of Colorado Child Welfare policies, practices, philosophies, and procedures.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the following areas required: critical thinking, problem solving, and customer service, facilitation skills in alignment with adult learning methods.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to Stacy Walsh at Stacy.Walsh@childrenscolorado.org.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20932 - SOM-PEDS Kempe-GenOps
Posting Date: Jun 20, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Stacy Walsh
Posting Contact Email: Stacy.Walsh@childrenscolorado.org
Position Number: 00735207