Anschutz Medical Campus Registrar
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Anschutz Medical Campus - Office of the Registrar
Position #735216 - Requisition #10021
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Anschutz Medical Campus has an opening for a full time Campus Registrar.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colorado, it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
Jobs in this career family provide direct professional support for the teaching and/or educational service mission of the university. Functions include academic advising/counseling, student personnel administration, recruitment and admissions, registration, financial aid, faculty affairs, library services, curriculum administration, and others involving direct support of the educational mission of an academic unit.
Directors are responsible for the ongoing leadership and oversight of a department, including the development of strategies and processes which contribute to the University and/or campus mission and accountability for services provided. Directors are responsible and accountable for the analysis of fiscal and human resources required to achieve department objectives including hiring, compensation, termination, and performance management of subordinate employees.
The University of Colorado Denver I Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking an experienced registrar professional for its Anschutz Medical Campus. The Campus Registrar works with the faculty and administration regarding records, registration and curricular issues. The Anschutz Medical Campus Registrar reports to the University of Colorado Denver I Anschutz Medical Campus' University Registrar and is directly responsible for the supervision and management of all administrative and operational functions of the Office of the Registrar on the Anschutz Medical Campus, while ensuring a high quality student service environment. Along with the University Registrar, the AMC Campus Registrar will provide leadership and strategic direction to the AMC Office of the Registrar. This position supervises a Senior Associate Registrar, an Assistant Registrar and other professional staff. While the position reports to the University Registrar it also works very closely with the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs at the Anschutz Medical Campus.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Serve as a collaborative leader within the CU Anschutz central services offices.
- Oversee the development of strategies, support structures and processes to effectively administer registrar office operations.
- Develop a strategic plan that aligns with the organizational structure, supervises and administers academic policy, course creation and registration, grading policies and grade collection, transcript production and fulfillment, residency determination, degree certification and posting, and licensure certifications for current and graduating students and alumni.
- Work with the University Registrar to create and implement strategies, policies and procedures relating to transactions in support of the students, faculty, staff and administration of the Anschutz Medical Campus.
- Work with the Academic and Faculty Deans of the schools and colleges to set course schedules and the academic calendars.
- Represent the school on University-wide committees such as Data Integrations Group, Campus Liaisons, CU-SIS Advisory, Gender Equity Working Group, and other working groups or projects as assigned.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the Anschutz campus course descriptions, and contributes to all catalogs and course books for Graduate Programs and Health Professions.
- Provide expert guidance on policies and procedures related to registration, coursework, credits, grading and records retention and FERPA.
- Conduct systematic evaluation of all current and historical Anschutz student and curriculum records, including credits, grades, and degree information to maintain effective data integrity.
- Implement and maintain degree audit requirements and work with school administrators and advisors to insure the accuracy of those requirements. Encourage the use of these audits by students and advisors.
- Oversee the collection and maintenance of student status updates due to leaves of absence, withdrawals, visits away, and joint/dual degree requirements resulting in the changes to the standard length of degree completion.
- Ensure accurate student information is kept in the National Student Clearinghouse database and other affiliates, coordinating consistent data within the CU-SIS environment.
- Collaborate with other campus Registrar's Offices, schools, and programs, to create and implement policies surrounding intercampus registration, involving additional external stakeholders when applicable.
In conjunction with the University Registrar, ensure school compliance with FERPA, and support FERPA training for all faculty, staff and administrators.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A bachelor's degree in education, business, public administration, educational technology, social science, liberal arts, communications, accounting, finance, student affairs, student personnel services, higher education or a directly related field from an accredited institution is required.
- The position requires extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience at the management level, including direct responsibility for departmental oversight and development of strategies and processes at a 2 or 4-year college/university with diverse student populations.
- Master's degree or higher from an accredited college or university in in education, business, public administration, educational technology, social science, liberal arts, communications, accounting, finance, student affairs, student personnel services, higher education, or related field of study
- Two years of experience with supervision and development of professional staff
- Three years of experience at the Assistant Registrar level or above
- Prior experience with Oracle PeopleSoft SIS and any associated linked system interfaces.
- Experience in a Health Sciences or Medical School higher education environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, characterized by the ability to work effectively with a range of constituents including students, faculty, alumni and School and University colleagues.
- Capacity for critical thinking and logic to assimilate complex concepts in data and interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated skill and knowledge of registrar profession.
- Knowledge and understanding of the academic and curricular environment of a college or professional school. (Health Sciences or Medical School preferred, but not mandatory.)
- Demonstrated familiarity with all Registrar related components of a student information system (SIS).
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in matters that are sensitive and confidential.
- Ability to work independently and collegially.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Bruce Cunningham, Senior Consultant, focusEDU at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin July 19, 2017, and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20574 - AVCASA-SA Rg Registrar Admin
Posting Date: Jun 21, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Bruce Cunningham
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00735216