Assistant Director of Annual Giving
University of Colorado Denver
Office of Advancement
Assistant Director of Annual Giving
Position #3082 - Requisition 09998
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Office of Advancement on the downtown campus has an opening for a full time University Staff (unclassified) Assistant Director of Annual Giving position.
The University of Colorado Denver is a public research university serving more than 14,000 students. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 100 highly rated degree programs through eight schools and colleges. In the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers-CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Located in the heart of downtown, CU Denver provides a vibrant, urban research university experience, with academic programs ranging from the liberal arts and sciences to global energy management, music industry studies and criminal justice among eight schools and colleges. The classroom extends into the city as students study, network and build careers in the surrounding business district. CU Denver unites quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, civic consciousness and driven students-all in the lively setting of downtown Denver. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Denver's Office of Advancement seeks a dynamic, passionate, results-driven professional to join our team and contribute to the development of a robust, annual giving program which includes a leadership annual giving society and the launch of a campus scholarship campaign. As a key member of an annual giving team which includes colleagues from our CU central office, this position will have the opportunity to engage alumni, donors, and other members of the community in philanthropic support of the university. Through individual outreach, communications, and events, you have the opportunity to learn the interests of potential donors and share the impact of CU Denver in order to cultivate deeper relationships with prospects on behalf of the university.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Secure new donors and prospects as well as new and renewed leadership annual gifts through direct solicitation of a portfolio of individuals with the capacity to make gifts of $500 - $24,999.
- Collaborate on the expansion and implementation of a cohesive, campus-wide leadership annual giving society which provides donors access to information and experiences that deepen their relationship with the university.
- Work with development officers to identify opportunities to cultivate and steward leadership giving society donors affiliated with schools and colleges.
- Define clear strategies for increasing alumni participation rates, both overall and amongst segments with high potential.
- Contributes to documentation and analysis of annual giving and engagement metrics, evolving program design through evaluation.
- Solicits and assesses donor and alumni feedback and conducts best practices reviews of leadership annual giving at other institutions.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary range for this position is $48,000 to $54,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and 1-3 years of professional experience in fundraising, sales, events, public relations, or a related field.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to work evenings and weekends.
- Must be willing and able to travel occasionally for University business.
- Experience in annual giving, alumni, community, or external relations.
- Experience with stewardship and/or cultivation.
- Experience with engagement metrics, including analysis.
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Strong development skills including comfort with cold calling, leading effective one-on-one visits, and utilizing multiple modes of communication to achieve results.
- Demonstrated ability to make thoughtful decisions while identifying needs of donors.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to be both proactive and responsive in a metrics driven environment.
- Ability to handle sensitive information discretely and maintain confidentiality.
- Appreciation for the adoption of new technology to enhance workflow and ability to learn new platforms quickly.
- Flexibility and adaptability to evolve programming in an emerging and changing environment.
- Personal computer proficiency, especially Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; and Ellucian-Advance. Demonstrated skill or ability to learn quickly SaaS applications and Content Management Systems.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Dan Gould at Dan.Gould@ucdenver.edu
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by July 14, 2017. Those who do not apply by July 14th may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Development
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30228 - ADM-CHAN Foundation Denver
Posting Date: Jun 21, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Dan Gould
Posting Contact Email: Dan.Gould@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00003082