Instructor - Therapist - Depression Center
University of Colorado - School of Medicicine
Instructor - Therapist - Depression Center
Operating within the University of Colorado - School of Medicine, the Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Depression Center is located on the state-of-the-art Anschutz Medical Campus alongside facilities for six schools, three hospitals, and 41 affiliated specialty centers and institutes. The Center has three core areas: Research, Clinical Care and Community Programs /Education. Together, these three program areas create a comprehensive approach to care for people with mood disorders that is found nowhere else in the Rocky Mountain region.
This position will provide therapeutic evaluation and treatment of patients with behavioral, emotional and mental disorders at the Depression Center.
Position duties include providing clinical care, teaching and supervision of behavioral health trainees, working with interdisciplinary teams to ensure coordinated care, and participating in quality improvement initiatives and research projects.
For more information on the Depression Center, please visit http://www.coloradodepressioncenter.org/
Successful candidates will have:
- Master's in Social Work (or related degree) or Doctoral degree in Psychology (PhD or PsyD).
- The ability to obtain appropriate Colorado state licensure.
- 2+ years' experience in clinical psychology, primary care or behavioral medicine.
Additional know-how includes:
- Clinical skill is required for conducting brief and targeted assessments to provide psychotherapy interventions, health and behavior change, substance use treatment, and triage for appropriate level of care.
- Demonstrated skill in supervision of clinical staff and trainees
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clinic faculty and staff.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple tasks and maintain a well-organized work environment.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications received by January 13th, 2017.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.* REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 5 professional references. 4.) Unofficial transcripts or a copy of diploma. Questions should be directed to Deanna Schroder at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20148 - SOM-Family Medicine
Posting Date: Dec 22, 2016
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Deanna Schroder
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00730522
More searches like this
- Arts & Humanities jobs in Community & Government Relations
- Ethnic & Cultural Studies jobs in Community & Government Relations
- Education jobs in Community & Government Relations
- Child Development & Family Studies jobs in Community & Government Relations
- Health & Medical jobs in Community & Government Relations