NRC Health and Safety Specialist
University of Colorado - College of Nursing
NRC Health and Safety Specialist
Nature of Work:
The University of Colorado, College of Nursing is accepting applications for a part-time professional research assistant to support the activities of the National Resource Center for Health and Safety in Child Care and Early Education (NRC), a collaborator of the federally-funded National Center on Early Childhood Health and Wellness (NCECHW). This position will be primarily responsible for managing updates and revisions to national child care and early education health and safety standards, as well as participating in development of standards-based online learning modules for child care health consultants. Other responsibilities may include research activities associated with the NRC's annual national assessment of child care licensing regulations relative to healthy weight standards.
Public Health/Early Childhood Education Policy and Research
This position reports to Marilyn J. Krajicek, EdD, RN, FAAN, the Director of the NRC
Examples of Work:
- Provide support to the NRC Content Manager to manage ongoing revisions of health and safety standards, including gathering evidence to support proposed revisions Assist in development of revised and new content for online learning child care health consultation learning modules. Facilitate communication with the NCECHW (e.g., organize agenda and participate in monthly calls, prepare quarterly reports ) Collaborate with IT support of NRC website Perform duties as assigned in the NRCs national assessment project and other projects as they arise
• A baccalaureate degree in a health-related field is required.
• A minimum of two years' experience in program coordination in children's health, child development, or closely related field.
• A master's degree in a health-related field, e.g. public health, nursing, health administration/management, nutrition.
• One year post-master's experience in children's health, child development, or closely related field.
Required Competencies: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Early childhood health and safety, preferably including familiarity with Caring for Our Children, 3rd Edition health and safety standards
• Early Head Start/Head Start programs, early care and education systems, child care health
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong Interpersonal skills
• Basic knowledge of word processing programs and email
• Fundamental web-based computer skills (or willingness to learn such skills)
• Facility with establishing new relationships
• Willingness to work closely within a team
• Flexibility to work both autonomously and collaboratively
• Availability: Apx 20 hours weekly
Condition of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal background check
- Please note that this position will work on a specific, time-limited contracts. There is no guarantee that we will be able to continue employment beyond the expiration of the contracts.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 07765
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20468 - College of Nursing
Posting Date: Dec 12, 2016
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: CON HR
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00634018