Estimator / Take-Offs / Assistant Project Manager - Auto CAD Knowledge
Performs quantity survey estimates for our commercial stone fabrication business; countertops, vanities, restaurants bar tops, hotel, offices, etc. Applies labor and service extensions, and solicits pricing from stone suppliers including providing direction to subcontract items as required. Must have the ability to lead and coordinate the estimating proposal from scope identification to final costing and submittal of proposal.
• The estimator is to quantify from preliminary drawings, sketches, conversations and actual reviews in the field information, drawings, and specifications all material and labor required necessary to complete the project. This would include gathering and providing information to and assisting the following subcontractor estimating details; and other items such as crane hoisting in order to complete the estimate. The estimator must be able to visualize what is not apparent.
• Complete the bid breakdown forms and submittals that are required to complete the information.
• List all qualification and clarifications that pertain to the estimate clearly and accurately.
• May attend estimate review meeting and provide input as required.
• Summarize all materials requirements and labor required to perform the work in an orderly organized way. Pull proposal numbers and centrally file all estimating data electronically in the shared area. This includes scanning or down loading other information pertaining to the estimate to substantiate the pricing in the estimate.
• Develop detailed takeoffs, Bills of Materials, material & subcontract quotes and itemized labor estimates under his/her direction.
• Review all estimates that are submitted with Managers.
• Will be one of the main points of interface with field personnel and support in the estimating process.
• Will work with accounting and operations to perform periodic review of actual performance results against established estimating units, and adjust base units to allow for trends in performance.
• Will ensure that all estimates, takeoff, etc. are in conformance with established estimating standards and processes
• Knowledge of the stone fabrication business is preferred but we are willing to train.
• Have the ability to communicate both in writing and verbally.
• Proficiency in the use of measuring techniques and mathematics.
• Able to use Excel, Word, CAD and CAD tools, and email computer based systems on a daily basis.
• Understand terminology pertaining to the estimating and construction
• Requires good communication skills both written and verbal
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Commercial Sales Manager or Senior Project Manager/Estimator
• Must take direction well, be a team player and then demonstrate the ability to take the lead in developing the proposal in a timely and successful manner.
• This position should have basic experience to be able to extract from preliminary drawings, sketches, conversations and actual reviews in the field information all material and labor/services required to complete the estimate on a project. This would include gathering and disseminating information needed to complete the estimate and assess potential risks.
• The estimator must be able to visualize what is not apparent and take efforts to mitigate those potential risks.
• Able to use Excel, Word, and email computer based systems on a daily basis.
• Ability to perform digitized quantity take off, and utilizes basic CAD drawings.
• Ability to document all estimating data so that it can be recalled later. This includes completing and providing of detailed work breakdowns of cost and labor, providing sketches and other information pertaining to the estimate to substantiate the pricing in the estimate.
• Must understand construction schedule logic
Technical School or Associate Degree from College; Minimum 1 year working in the construction estimating industry. Have a basic knowledge of construction materials, methods, practices and costs. Have the ability to use Excel, Word and email computer programs on a daily basis. Individual will be required to use digitized take off software along with CAD applications on a regular basis. Skilled in measuring techniques and mathematics.
Located in Woburn, MA, we specialize in custom stone fabrication and installation of granite, quartz and other stones for kitchens, bathrooms, fireplaces, and outdoor living spaces. Achieving the industry's highest customer satisfaction ratings & offering the widest selection of directly sourced materials are the cornerstones of our philosophy. Whether you're a homeowner, designer, builder or architect, visit our stone design center and see a large selection of natural stone (granite), engineered stone (quartz), & green-build options.
Wed, 21 Jun 2017 11:15:46 PDT