Technical Support Specialist
Requisition # 2017-7692
Department Woodrow Wilson School
Category Information Technology
Date Posted 6/21/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Application Deadline ..
The Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs (WWS) seeks a Technical Support Specialist to assist in our Windows10 rollout.This individual will provide high level technical support for desktop, mobile, hardware, software and assist WWS affiliates to implement information technology.
This position will report directly to the Director of Information Technology for WWS and is an 18 month term position.
- Configure PCs according to Princeton University and WWS guidelines.
- Migrate user data to new hardware.
- Support, educate and train faculty and staff on proper computing techniques.
- Maintain accurate job and inventory records.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair computing problems posed by faculty, staff and students.
- Troubleshoot PC hardware, printers, copiers, scanners, and mobile devices.
- Prepare equipment for surplus.
- Associates degree or other 2 year degree, plus 1-3 years related experience.
- Significant experience in administration, maintenance and support of Windows operating systems, as well as academic and commercial software applications; practical comprehension of IT security, network and firewall technologies; good understanding of current applications and trends in academic and information systems technology.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build good working relationships with people of diverse personalities and professional backgrounds with a strong focus on customer service.
- Demonstrated initiative, excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- The candidate should be able to lift and move 50 lbs and be able to fix hardware at difficult to reach places.
- Bachelor's degree
- Professional experience in a University setting
- Microsoft certifications a plus.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Comments Related to End Date
This is an 18 month, term position.
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.