NON-CREDIT/NON-TEACHING ASSIGNMENT, Academic Assistant/Tutor I
Provide instructional assistance to students in specific subjects corresponding to COD curricula and serve as a resource to other academic assistants and peer tutors. Face-to-face or electronic tutoring may occur one on one, in small or large groups, or in class. Ability to work without direct supervision.
Position Title: NON-CREDIT/NON-TEACHING ASSIGNMENT, Academic Assistant/Tutor I
Duties of Position:
- Provide instructional assistance to students without direct supervision. Willing to tutor face-to-face or electronically either one on-one or in small or large groups; provide in-class assistance.
- Maintain current and relevant knowledge in subject areas and general study skill, such as note taking, test-preparation, test-taking, time management, etc.
- Serve as a resource to other academic assistants and peer tutors.
- Conduct routine workshops for students, class visits, etc.
- Assist supervisor with program and training.
- Keep current on resources, in order to compile or make recommendations for same.
- Perform electronic and paper record keeping task. may oversee Tutoring Services in absence of supervisor.
Experience and Education:
Experience tutoring or providing academic assistance to college or high school level students. Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, including proficiency in spoken and written English. Up-to-date skills in relevant technology.
Experience tutoring or providing academic assistance to college or high school level students who are struggling academically, possess learning and/or physical disabilities or are non-native English speakers.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Up to 25 hrs. per week during academic terms (approximately 40 weeks per year). Occasional hours between terms, evening or weekend hours may be required. Some hours may be off-campus locations.
Department: Tutoring - TUTR
Position Type: Part time - PT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt