Administrative Assistant (Temporary, Part-time)
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The Center for Diversity, Equity and Inclusive Excellence Temporary Administrative Assistant position is part time, 20 hours a week. The duties of this position support the CDEIE initiatives of staff and faculty professional development related to diversity initiatives: the Diversity Ambassador Program, the Diversity Welcome Banquet, workshops, special speakers, Think Tank, regional center support, graduate student involvement, and other initiatives for the APU community that reflect the values of faith in Christ, reconciliation in community, education in scholarship, and inclusive excellence. Experience in event organization, web support, video editing and graphic design are preferred. The CDEIE temp will work collaboratively with the Executive Director of the Office of Diversity and the Director of Diversity Programs.
- BA Preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of related office support.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Assist the Executive Director and Director of Diversity Programs with Azusa and regional campus diversity events (Diversity Ambassadors, Special Speakers, Workshops, Diversity Network, Think Tank, etc.) Creating flyers, tracking attendance, recording evaluations, setting/cleaning up facilities, preparing materials, etc.
- Maintain and organize records of diversity seminars and workshops that are sponsored through the CDEIE through the organization of data bases, web site resources, video-taping and editing, etc.
- Assist with Center diversity research initiatives.
- Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.