Director of Digital Communications
Director of Digital Communications
The Division of Marketing and Communications is responsible for telling the Bridgewater State University story to the institution’s major audiences, including current and prospective students, faculty and staff, alumni and donors, media, regional business, non-profit and governmental institutions and leaders, and the general public. The division manages all facets of the university’s communications and major communications channels, including branding, marketing, advertising, publications, the university website, media relations, major social media channels and video production. Bridgewater is a thriving university, which has undergone extraordinary growth in enrollments and programs in the past two decades. The Division of Marketing and Communications is growing and seeking staff who are creative and driven to help tell the BSU success story.
The Director of Digital Communications is responsible for developing and building an integrated digital presence to advance the University's marketing and communications efforts by driving growth and engagement across the University's digital channels. The role will articulate and promote Bridgewater State University's brand through its digital platforms including social media, web and mobile applications. The Director will lead the digital strategy and goal setting in support of the overall mission of the University. This position will involve oversight and coordination of digital communications, driving social media strategy, working with the Director of Integrated Marketing & Media in developing the digital element of marketing campaigns, and developing and managing digital initiatives and campaigns.
Position Type: APA Professional
• Drive growth and engagement across the University’s digital channels and initiatives, including social media channels, the website and mobile applications
• Work with the Director of Integrated Marketing & Media, other university departments and external vendors to develop plans for online advertising campaigns and sponsored content
• Oversee the social media manager to build audience and enhance engagement across BSU’s social media platforms
• Assess emergent technologies, trends and breakthroughs and develop new campaigns/platforms accordingly to meet strategic goals and objectives - plan for enhancements and upgrades
• Develop and oversee governance, standards and metrics for Web and digital work, including user experience (UX), social media, mobile, CMS platform, video, web and interactive content
• Work in partnership with the writer/content producer, social media manager, videographer, and web content specialist in the Division of Marketing and Communications in developing web and social media content for multiple audiences
• Act as the primary advisor across the University on matters related to digital marketing and social media to develop content and strategies that represent the University’s mission-driven activities
• Analyze digital traffic data, prepare reports highlighting trends and opportunities, and recommend strategies to improve effectiveness of brand awareness
• Implement the University’s overall digital roadmap; oversee execution of specific digital strategic plans developed by the digital team
• Ensure that the University’s visual identity and messages are presented consistently across all digital platforms
• Manage project budgets to ensure that teams reach goals within spending limits and timelines
Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
A minimum of five years of demonstrated experience in developing and managing digital strategies and programs for complex organizations with multiple audiences.
Demonstrable experience in implementing major digital initiatives and an understanding of the full spectrum of digital activities including social media, web, mobile and content repurposing across multiple channels.
Expertise with Google analytics and other metric programs.
Excellent written communication skills including digital copywriting.
Experience working with content management systems.
Ability to exercise sound judgement, decision making and problem solving skills while also communicating any needs for further clarity or direction.
Strong project management skills in order to meet multiple deadlines.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Higher education experience.
Bridgewater State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employee with disabilities.
Office activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and interaction with computer equipment; Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 5 pounds.
Special Conditions for Eligibility:
Please be aware that employment at Bridgewater State University is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
Salary Range: $80,000-$90,000
Posting Number: S00213P
Open Date: 06/20/2017
Close Date: 7/21/2017
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please note the following information is required to complete your application for this position:
*a minimum of one (1) employment history entry.
*a minimum of three (3) professional reference entries.
Please attach the following materials to complete your application for this position:
-Related Professional Materials (examples include digital campaigns, websites and social media)
To apply, visit https://jobs.bridgew.edu/postings/7033
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.