Director, Center for College & Career Readiness
The director is responsible for providing leadership and management to CCCR programs across the district in Sheridan, Gillette, and Johnson counties. The director is responsible for providing the promotion of these programs in each county, maintaining the programs’ database, communicating program policies and procedures with the CCCR staff, coordinating with the High School Equivalency Certificate (HSEC) examiners and/or testing center, providing nstruction, maintaining program budgets, and generating program reports as required by the college grants’ office and state AE program office. The director ensures that the CCCR program remains in compliance with State and Federal AE regulations and seeks additional funding to support the CCCR program as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required by the Position:
- Strong computer/word processing skills (knowledgeable of current MS Office programs)
- Experience working with a diverse population
- Excellent human relation skills with an ability to communicate in a positive manner.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to work with disparate personalities, to multi-task, to work independently, and a willingness to learn
- Excellent time management skills and teamwork skills.
- Organized and detail-oriented
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Traveling required for state conferences and training.
- Requires traveling to all program venues.
- Requires evening and summer work.
Supervisory and Management Responsibility:
- Ability to manage staff in a positive manner that empowers staff initiative and creativity.
- Experience managing state and federal grants and maintaining accurate budgets.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and make difficult management decisions.
- Ability to remain flexible when there are program changes and adjust to new leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of four years’ experience working with at-risk student population.
- Employer paid retirement plan (16.37% employer paid; .25% employee paid)
- Group Health, Dental and Life Insurance, including Flex Benefits
- 20 days paid annual leave
- Four days per year paid personal leave
- 16 paid holidays per year
- Paid medical, emergency and bereavement leave
- Employee and family tuition waivers
- Three free meals per week in modern campus dining facility
- Free easy-access parking
- Collaborative work environment
- Onsite fitness center and walking track
- Verizon, Microsoft, Dell and HP employee discounts
- Professional development
Gillette College is located in Gillette, WY, the county seat of Campbell County. Located midway between the Big Horn Mountains to the West and the Black Hills of South Dakota to the east. Gillette is a growing, family-friendly community and enjoys a very strong economy due to energy-related industries located there.
Sheridan College is located in historic Sheridan, WY at the foot of the beautiful Big Horn Mountains, minutes away from a variety of outdoor recreational activities. Sheridan is ranked "America's Top Western Town" by True West magazine and is a vibrant community. Sheridan College is a vital component in the community.
NWCCD also includes campus sites in Buffalo, Wyoming and its Spear-O-Wigwam Mountain Campus in the Big Horn Mountains.
APPLY AT: https://jobs.sheridan.edu