Assistant Director, Alumni Engagement
Lewis University seeks candidates for an Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement to be responsible for executing and reporting on the specific assigned programs related to the University’s Annual Fund and Alumni Relations. The Assistant Director will engage and strengthen constituent relationships with the University and the annual giving effort. In collaboration with the Director of Alumni Engagement, this position will help to execute the overall mission of the annual giving effort through support of annual appeals, alumni relations, volunteer groups, donor stewardship and special events.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is a vigorous and growing institution located 25 miles SW of Chicago. Lewis University provides students a liberal arts-based and career-focused education, engaging students in the exploration and creation of academic, professional and personal opportunities in a supportive community. As a Catholic university in the Lasallian tradition, our approach is values-based and ethically-focused. For additional information see our website at http://www.lewisu.edu.
- Manage a select portfolio of leadership annual fund donors and prospects.
- Increase annual giving to the University and expand the base of community support by alumni, parents, students, faculty & staff, and friends.
- Implement and monitor annual giving and engagement activities, including student, parent, faculty, staff and community events, reunion/homecoming activities, and alumni marketing and communication activities (web-based fundraising, social networks, and e-blasts).
- Monitor goals, benchmarks, and year-to-year variances of engagement and solicitation campaigns.
- Work to identify, cultivate, and solicit prospects/donors at the Annual Giving level while focusing on recurring gifts and continuous upgrades.
- Executing a recurring gift program with goals to increase and provide donor recognition for recurring giving among all constituencies.
- Provide staff support for the Alumni Board including meeting scheduling, agenda development, communication, and correspondence.
- Provide staff support for various alumni groups as needed.
- Assist with the development of new volunteer structures which increase engagement and revenue to the University.
Bachelor’s degree. At least three years of experience in annual giving and engagement programs. Preference will be given to those candidates who have worked within private higher education and have a passion for those characteristics which distinguish a Lewis University education.
The Assistant Director must also possess excellent motivational, communicative, and supervisory skills. The candidate will possess an eye for detail and high-quality production, along with the ability to exercise courtesy, tact and flexibility. The incumbent must have an understanding of marketing and annual giving best practices, segmentation principles, and data analysis. Computer and database proficiency is required; working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is preferred.
How to Apply:
For a full description and to be considered for this position visit http://jobs.lewisu.edu/postings/2384
Inspired by the University’s Mission values of Wisdom, Knowledge, Justice, Fidelity and Association, the Lewis Community declares that Lewis is a Sanctified Zone where people are committed to working to end racism, bias and prejudice by valuing diversity in a safe and nurturing environment.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. Applicants of a diverse background are highly encouraged to apply, however applications will only be accepted from individuals currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the United States.