Associate University Librarian for User Engagement
The UTRGV Library is hiring! We’ll be filling several important positions come Fall 2017. Join us in building a library for the 21st Century. The Rio Grande Valley has a rich cultural heritage, low cost of living, and blossoms with new opportunities. If you’re a librarian with a passion for education, creative ideas, and a willingness to relocate, UTRGV is the place for you!
Scope of Job
To analyze and develop strategies for developing partnerships that support the research and teaching missions of UTRGV. Works with the University Librarian and other library administrators to establish a strategic vision for spaces and services that foster collaboration and provide the tools for success.
Description of Duties
• Provides administrative leadership and mentoring for access services, research and instruction, special collections and archives, and assessment.
• Supervises librarians in multiple locations across a distributed campus setting.
• Assists with preparing and analyzing short and long-range plans, budget allocations, and programmatic design for assigned areas.
• Develops and implements policies and procedures vital to the delivery of services in all UTRGV Library locations.
• Works closely with department heads to ensure coordinated and efficient handling of all aspects of public services on a daily basis, recommending changes as necessary
• Consults with faculty, instructors, and other key stakeholders to identify collaborative efforts in support of instruction, information literacy, and research at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels.
• Coordinates and plans public technology support services within the library in cooperation with library staff and UTRGV Information Technology.
• Coordinates with various university departments and partners to create a positive user experience throughout all library spaces.
• Facilitates library assessment efforts to illustrate faculty satisfaction and student success.
• Participates in oversight of library facilities with other library administrators.
• Works cooperatively with other library departments and supervisors on all UTRGV campuses.
• Serves on library committees and standing university committees as required.
• Maintains awareness of current library and educational technologies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Master’s degree in Library Sciences from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited library school.
Additional Master’s degree or PhD.
Seven (7) years of experience performing administrative and/or supervisory duties in an academic library setting, particularly in public services.
Experience maintaining library budgets.
Knowledge of standard office equipment. Knowledge of library technology and integrated library systems.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required.
Successful organization, communication and strong interpersonal skills; detail oriented; strong service orientation and commitment to profession. Ability to communicate with vendors regarding any necessary documentation such as contracts, licenses, invoices or prices quotes.
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.