Visiting Instructor/Assistant Professor of Biology–Ecology & Plant Biology, Starts 9-1-17, Fall Only
Founded in 1969, Stockton University, New Jersey’s Distinctive Public University, is also one of America’s most distinctive public universities, consistently ranking among the nation’s finest educational institutions and among the top ten public Master’s institutions in the Northeast. Stockton proudly offers the academic, technological, and cultural advantages of a large institution combined with the community spirit of a small liberal arts college. Stockton is noted for combining an outstanding interdisciplinary approach to graduate and undergraduate education with all the qualities of an outstanding employer. We offer a unique vibrant working environment, a wealth of work related opportunities and outstanding employee benefits. Stockton is committed to attracting, encouraging and retaining a qualified workforce to support the mission of the University. The University is located in the Pinelands National Reserve in southern New Jersey, about one hour from Philadelphia, two hours from New York City, three hours from the Baltimore/Washington area, and 20 minutes from Atlantic City. The University’s location, active, stimulating campus life and diverse community make Stockton University a great place to work!
Visiting Instructor/Assistant Professor of Biology – Ecology and Plant Biology, Starting September 1, 2017 (Fall Semester Only)
The Stockton University Biology Program is seeking to fill a full-time, half-year, non-tenure track position at the rank of Instructor or Assistant Professor for September 2017 to teach ecology, ecological statistics and plant biology with laboratory and general biology or general genetics laboratories. Extension to the spring semester possible based on available course coverage.
- To teach ecology and plant biology with laboratory and general biology or general genetics laboratories.
- Teaching load is 12 hours per semester and typically consists of lecture and lab sections, with lecture courses carrying 4 teaching credit hours and laboratories 2 teaching credit hours.
- Evening teaching responsibilities are possible.
- Demonstrate, through past accomplishments and actions, the ability to support Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission.
- Excellent teaching is expected.
- Teaching experience is desirable.
Minimum Qualifications for Instuctor Level:
- MS or ABD in Biology or related field is required.
Minimum Qualifications for Assistant Professor Level:
- A Ph.D. in Biology or related field is required.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using; Word, PDF or Videos either as one single file or as individual attachments.
- A letter of interest describing specific skills and experiences
- A current resume or curriculum vitae
- A list of 3 references (included in the application): Name, Company, Email address and Phone
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at www.stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.