Director of Financial Aid
This position is accountable toward contributing to the achievement of the Goals for W & J’s Sustainable Enrollment Competitive Advantage. The director of financial aid is responsible for the overall leadership and management in providing seamless operations and superior service for the Office of Financial Aid. The director administers all federal, state, and institutional aid programs for the College.
· Provide leadership to staff and daily operations that assures a student-centered approach to financial aid administration.
· Supervise the Office of Financial Aid staff and create/maintain training and a professional development program for staff.
· Provide exceptional service to both new and returning students through caring and effective communication, and the efficient use of technology.
· Develop and oversee programs, institutional financial aid budget and other financial aid budgets.
· Oversee federal campus-based student aid programs and coordinate the annual filing of the FISAP form and A-133 Audit.
· Control and manage fund allocations as well as scholarships including developing unrestricted funding, agency and organization awards.
· Establish a strategic communications plan and programing related to financial aid to students, families, and the College community through presentations/workshops using digital and written communications.
· Maintain superior knowledge of regulatory changes and monitor institutional compliance with federal and state laws and regulations.
· Complete survey instruments or assessments, and submission of federal, state, and institutional reports in coordination with the Institutional Research Office.
· Coordinate impactful integration with the Office of Admission to assist with recruiting new students and recommend initiatives to increase the College's effectiveness in financial aid, admission, and retention.
· Collaborate with the Director of Enrollment Systems, for effective data management and reporting
· Actively participate and/or serve on College, community organization, and national professional associations as assigned and nominated.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Must be a financial aid professional with at least 5 years of experience and demonstrated success working with federal and state financial aid programs and institutional tuition discounting
· Proficiency with industry standards and compliance related to Financial Aid
- Bachelor’s degree; Advanced degree is preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to lead, organize and manage multiple assignments and deadlines
· Ability to work independently, and as part of a diverse community
· Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Experience with SIS related to Financial Aid;
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a colleague to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is required to sit for long periods at a time; type using a computer keyboard; visually read information off of a computer monitor; talk, hear, and orally communicate information over the telephone. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and color vision and the ability to adjust focus. There is some lifting involved.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee could be exposed to outdoor weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment may vary from light to moderate depending on the location.
Extensive knowledge of financial aid policies and procedures; Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations related to financial aid; An ability to think strategically about financial aid awarding processes and to balance institutional need with the needs of individual students.
Desire to work in a student-centered and team-oriented creative environment.
Willingness to travel
Available for work on weekends and evenings as needed
Apply for Director of Financial Aid
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly