Human Resources Information Specialist
Carthage College seeks a Human Resources Information Specialist to join the Human Resources team. The Human Resources Information Specialist (HRIS) creates and maintains Human Resources records for faculty, athletic and administrative employees, including separate systems for personnel records, benefit records, applicant flow records, government records, training records and worker's compensation records.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Enters data into the Human Resources systems.
- Generates standard reports, HR metrics, ad hoc reports, government compliance reports and data extracts as requested.
- Acts as operational liaison between the Provost's Office, Athletics Department, Administrative Offices and Human Resources for all information that flows into and from the HR Information System (HRIS)
- Ensures confidentiality and limited access to Human Resources systems and records according to procedure
- Ensures system data integrity and data file feed integrity and establishes audit mechanisms.
- Audits and verifies the accuracy of all employee change requests.
- Establishes HRIS processes and maintains process documentation.
- Opens, sorts, screens and distributes departmental mail.
- Identifies ways to improve performance and reduce costs through the enhanced use of HR systems.
- Participates in and/or leads HRIS projects related to systems enhancements, upgrades, reporting, and data integrations. Participates in any other departmental projects where HRIS can assist in meeting goals.
- Acts as liaison between HR and IS as needed.
- Reviews department invoices for accuracy and prepares a request for payment.
- Provides training on systems access and utilization.
- Prepares mail merges and mass mailings.
- Participates in compensation surveys.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, and Licensure
- High School degree or GED is required.
- Bachelor's degree in a job-related major is preferred.
- HRIS certification is preferred.
- Five (5) years of human resources experience to include three (3) years of relevant HRIS technology experience.
- Five (5) years of experience maintaining database software; Human Resource systems or payroll systems software.
- Experience with ADP and Jenzabar software is preferred.
- Experience with implementing web-based systems.
- Effective communication skills for writing reports.
- Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel utilizing pivot tables, complex formulas, macros & graphs is required.
- Advanced database management skills including the ability to merge, clean and analyze large amounts of data.
- Demonstrated success with developing metrics & dashboards.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail, problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work with confidential and restrictive information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent to create and interpret bar graphs.
How to Apply
This position will remain open until it is filled. All applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and a list of three references including contact information. Please submit all materials through the "Resume Upload" section in the link below:
Founded in 1847, Carthage College combines an environment of reflection and self-discovery with a culture of high expectation, so that our students uncover and ignite their true potential. As a four-year private liberal arts college with roots in the Lutheran tradition, we place a strong emphasis on both moral and intellectual values. Our prime location in Kenosha, Wisconsin, midway between Chicago and Milwaukee, allows students the opportunity to learn in a professional context. Our beautiful campus, an 80-acre arboretum on the shore of Lake Michigan is home to 150 scholars, 2,600 full-time students, and 400 part-time students. Our rich academic experience equips students with foundational knowledge and skills, preparing graduates to be lifelong learners and to lead meaningful, productive lives.
Carthage College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse community. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including members of ethnic minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.