Visiting Assistant Professor of Political Science
The Department of Political Science and International Relations at SUNY Geneseo is seeking applicants for a Visiting Assistant Professor position to begin August, 2017. The appointment is for one year. Duties of the position include:
• Teach undergraduate courses in political science. Required courses include Introduction to American Politics, Legislative Politics, and Social Science Research Methods. Preference will be given to candidates that could also teach a course on Public Opinion and Mass Media
• Contribute service to the department, including advising students.
• PhD or ABD in Political Science at time of appointment.
• Primary expertise in American Politics.
• Evidence of preparation to teach undergraduate courses in American Politics and social science research methods.
• PhD in Political Science, conferred by August 2017.
• Evidence of an active scholarly program in political science.
• Evidence of successful college teaching.
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Applicants should be prepared to upload a cover letter that addresses teaching and research qualifications and a CV. In addition, applicants should be prepared to supply contact information (email address) for three references. References will be contacted and invited to submit a letter at the time of application.
Completed applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Interviews will be conducted via Skype. Candidates should be prepared to present a teaching demonstration (topic to be specified) as part of the interview. Interviewees may be asked to upload additional documents, such as sample syllabi, peer observations, or summary teaching evaluations, etc.