Receptionist and Office Coordinator
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- Manage the reception area of the Office of Admissions, answering phones, responding to general email inquiries, greeting guests, and generally maintaining a welcoming environment for all guests.
- Manage visit schedules for guests, ensuring campus tours, meetings with appropriate faculty/staff/coaches, and ensuring a smooth, professional visit experience.
- Manage staff credit card bills, keep admission budget spreadsheets updated, request Purchase Orders, and generally support the financial needs of the admissions leadership team.
- General office support, including ordering office supplies, processing mail, and other support tasks.
- Manage office calendar, with specific responsibility for supporting the calendar of the Dean of Admissions.
- Required Degree(s): High School Diploma
- Preferred Degree(s): Associates Degree
- Required Training/Cert: Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Ability to multi-task in a highly disruptive environment.
- Utmost commitment to creating a warm, welcoming and professional environment for all visitors. Commitment to exceed the expectations of our guests throughout the visit experience.
- Strong understanding of Excel spreadsheets, including sorting/filtering, equations, managing budget spreadsheets, etc.
- Ability to create collegial relationships across campus.
- Outstanding customer service skills and excellent telephone skills.
The Receptionist and Office Coordinator is a full-time, twelve-month, non-exempt position. Normal office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with non-paid lunch break, flexible to the needs of the department. This is a benefit eligible position.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.