University of North Texas - Senior Reporting Analyst
Now Hiring Senior Reporting Analyst – UNT System
The Treasury and Reporting Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Senior Reporting Analyst to join our team. This position serves as a lead reporting analyst and prepares and/or oversees the preparation of financial analyses and reports; establishing, maintaining, and/or overseeing accounting systems, procedures, and controls. This position is located at our Business Service Center at Woodhill Square, just south of our flagship campus in Denton.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate data compilation and submission of electronic financial statement data for UNT, UNT Health Science Center, UNT Dallas, UNT System Administration and UNT System Consolidated to the Uniform Statewide Accounting System (USAS).
- Prepare or review other state or federal financial reports, such as Source and Uses report to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board and IPEDS report to the Department of Education.
- Assist external auditors and audit team with the documentation, PBCs, or other information needed for the completion of externally audited financial statements.
- Analyze cumulative period reports and status of fund reports on state and local funds, and conduct the continuous reviews and analyses necessary in controlling the expenditure of funds and in developing stable expenditure patterns.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or a related field and five years of accounting experience; or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training and experience.
- Current Texas CPA license or ability to gain via reciprocity.
- Experience in Texas public higher education and State reporting requirements.
- Experience with PeopleSoft and Business Intelligence tools/report-writing software.
- Experience with the Texas Uniform Statewide Accounting System (USAS).
Salary range: Mid to upper $70,000’s annually.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
For more information and to apply: