Responsible for the coordination and support of the technical needs of KSU; set up and support of IT equipment; coordinate installation and operations; service and maintain equipment; oversee inventory of equipment; assist with large campus projects; provide training to student and support staff in regard to equipment operation.
This advanced-level position supports the strategic communications, marketing, and creative goals of Kennesaw State University's Auxiliary Services and Programs enterprise through the development of websites and applications. This position will work with representatives from all Auxiliary Services teams to develop fully functioning websites from design plans, creative collateral, and verbal direction. This position is responsible for the development, testing, maintenance and updates of all nine Auxiliary Services websites.
The candidate must have a strong background in web site design and development. This background must include the ability to address HTML and scripting compatibility issues between different browsers. The candidate must be able to monitor industry trends, technologies, and standards and be able to research, recommend, and apply new technologies as necessary. The candidate must have strong communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively to a varied levels of authority and responsibility. The candidate must also be able to work efficiently in both independent and collaborative situations.
- Create and develop websites and manage content for organization's web presence (requires working with web design and content management software)
- Develop, expand, and manage current site designs and lead appropriate redesigns when needed
- Coordinate web projects across all Auxiliary Services departments
- Maintain a consistent look and feel throughout all web properties
- Employ website analytic tools to make recommendations in the development, redevelopment, and/or redesign of Auxiliary Services website(s)
- Work with a cross-departmental team, maintain and develop the master content calendar for all web properties
- Copy, edit and proofread all web content
- Keep current with emerging web technologies through relevant blogs, listservs, and events
- Assure web-based information is archived for future needs and reference
- Work cooperatively with key team members, clients and vendors
- Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into our operations and activities
- Obtain and publish relevant content from external sources, including training materials, practice manuals, news coverage, etc.
- Execute content quality assurance programs
- Coordinate website feedback systems
- Track and report on all site metrics
- Position requires driving to multi-campus locations and event sites
Required Application Documents:
Please attach a copy of relevant portfolio links under "OTHER" along with additional required documents (resume, cover letter) as part of the application process.
Contingent funding: Funding for this position is based on revenue generated funds and therefore continued employment is based on availability of these funds
As part of the background check process, this position WILL require a satisfactory MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) as a condition of employment. See http://www.usg.edu/hr/manual/motor_vehicle_use for policy guidelines.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor's degree and 1 years experience OR Associate's degree, technical certification, 2 years college coursework and 3 years experience.
- Development experience in HTML5, XML, AJAX, Python, Java/J2ME.
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography and limitations of the web. Must understand Flash and have the ability to storyboard or translate ideas to designers and develop innovative motion graphics solutions.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with cross-browser and cross-platform issues (IE, Firefox, Safari, etc.).
- Thorough understanding of interactive communications and delivery systems, processes, and user interface design as well as industry best practices including experience with blogs, social media and networking sites, and email list communications.
- Ability to lead projects from concept to completion. Apply best practices in user interface and interactive design, including image optimization and site mapping.
- Able to work collaboratively and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and perform problem analysis and resolution at strategic and functional level.
- Ability to learn new systems and programs quickly.
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and unstructured environment.
- Relevant work experience within a creative services environment.
- Experience in the higher education environment in marketing auxiliary services in a large institution a plus.