Assistant Director of Bands (Security Sensitive - Background Check)
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 06-20-2017
Position Details: Assistant Director of Bands. A ten-month, non-tenure track position.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Direct the "Big Red Marching Machine," the university's marching band; teach undergraduate conducting courses, a marching band techniques course, and collaboratively conduct concert bands. Responsibilities will also include administration and service within an active, comprehensive band program. Additional courses and duties may be assigned by the School of Music.
Benefits include retirement, health, dental, and eye-care insurance.
This position is represented by the Non-Tenure Track Faculty Association and may have associated dues or fees.
1. Conferred Master's degree in Music is required by the appointment start date.
2. The successful candidate will have experience in all aspects of a university band program including the administration and teaching of athletic bands and wind bands.
3. State law mandates demonstrable oral proficiency in the English language as a requirement for this position.
4. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Successful teaching experience at the collegiate level is highly desirable
2. Previous experience preferred in collegiate marching band design (drill design and/or music arranging).
3. Doctorate in Music
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.