Administrative Coord I
Location Lowry Hall
Full/Part Time Full-Time
This is an Administrative coordinator position funded by the National Science Foundation ADVANCE grant. The employee will be responsible for working with the director of the project, Dr. Sez Atamturktur assisting her in a variety of project related activities including book-keeping, communication, project coordination, and administration.
20% - Essential - Project Coordination:
1, Keeping track of all project initiatives and activities as discussed in the project narrative of the NSF
2. Determining resources and steps needed to ensure successful progress in all project initiatives, conveying the needs TP the program director and helping provide the needed resources to team members
3. Setting up meetings with all involved parties, taking notes and ensuring effective communication between team members to achieve timely progress in all project initiatives.
20% - Essential - Communication with external participants:
1. In coordination with the project director, keeping in communication with advisory board members as
needed and making necessary travel arrangements for their annual visits to Clemson
2. In coordination with the project director, keeping in communication with external evaluator, Dr. Mariko
Chang and assisting her in travel arrangements
3. Helping coordinate the annual site visits by the NSF ADVANCE program managers.
20% - Essential - Data Collection:
1. Working with the external evaluator, Dr. Mariko Chang and assisting her in data collection as needed
2.Working with the internal evaluator, Dr. Mark Small and assisting him in data collection as needed
3. Helping prepare annual reports to NSF.
20% - Essential - Communication:
1. Helping the project director, Dr. Sez Atamturktur and communication lead, Dr. Denise Anderson update
the website as progress is made.
2. Managing the project's social media presence through twitter, facebook and other relevant means.
20% - Essential - Working alongside with the Director:
1. Working closely with the project director in completing various tasks of the project and as needed
substituting for the director in meetings and activities.
2. Keeping the project director in communication loop regarding project activities.
A high school diploma and relevant experience in business management, public administration, or administrative services or a bachelor's degree may be substituted for the required work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with project management
- Experience with budget management
- Experience working in a college environment
- Experience working in office settings or administrative positions
- Strong written communication skills
Fundamental Job Knowledge - Fundamental working knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures and ability to apply in varied situations
No Supervisory Duties - Not responsible for supervising employees.
No Budget Responsibilities - No fiscal responsibility for the department's budget.
Standard Hrs: 40; Band: 05 ($ 32,838.00 - $ 50,186.00
June 28, 2017
Clemson University is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against any person or group on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, pregnancy, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information. Clemson University is building a culturally diverse faculty and staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and encourages applications from minorities and women.