Executive Director of Finance and Business Operations
As a key member of the executive management team, the Executive Director of Finance and Business Operations oversees one or more College functions to fulfill comprehensive program goals and contributes to overall College strategic objectives. He/she plans and implements a range of successful programs; and oversees staff, budget, operations, and facilities.
This position reports to the Assistant Vice President for Budget and Finance and provides financial planning and management and analytical support to the entire College. The Executive Director of Finance and Business will be responsible for managing the College's financial planning and business operations and developing policies and procedures related to financial and Business matters.
The Executive Director has the following responsibilities:
- Oversee the college Financial Planning and Resource Allocation Office which manages the college's full time, adjunct, temporary services and other than personnel services (OTPS) funds
- Oversee the preparation and development of the College's Financial Plan to allocate tax levy and nontax levy resources. Align planning and budget activities and processes to effectively and efficiently maintain and develop personnel, physical and financial resources for the College.
- Establish the College Policies regarding the development of the financial databases necessary to prepare the College Budgets and Financial Plans for Tax Levy, IFR, and Non tax levy entities.
- Oversee the Bursar's Office and the collection of tuition and fees.
- Oversee the Accounts Payable and Tuition Revenue Management Operations including oversight of all bill payment and vendor relation operations. Ensure compliance with the University's Cash Management and Financial policies.
- Oversee the monitoring of revenues and expenditures from all funds to ensure compliance with NYS and CUNY policies.
- Manage the College's revenue operations including projecting revenues based on current and future enrollment trends, monitoring revenue collections as compared to university targets, and develop models for revenue estimates.
- Act as campus liaison to the University Budget Office.
- Work with the Assistant Vice President to develop "all funds" budgets for the various schools within the College.
- Represent the Assistant Vice President for Budget and Finance on various committees and task forces.
This position is in CUNY's Executive Compensation Plan. All executive positions require a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and eight years' related experience.
- Experience with City University of New York, New York State, or New York City Financial systems or business operations
- Experience in higher education budget and business operations
- Experience with Oracle PeopleSoft ERP systems
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Open until filled, with review of applications to begin July 5, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Executive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Hunter College
Job Title: Executive Director of Finance and Business Operations
Job ID: 16991
Full/Part Time: Full-Time