College Relations and Communications - ASSISTANT DIRECTOR - BRAND GOVERNANCE AND PLANNING
Vacancy ID S2135 Job Title ASSISTANT DIRECTOR - BRAND GOVERNANCE AND PLANNING Department College Relations and Communications School/Parent Organization Institutional Advancement and Communication Parent Org Division Institutional Advancement and College Relations Division Employment Category Fulltime-Regular Anticipated start date 08/07/2017 If temporary, expected end date Hours per week 37.5 Weeks Per Year 52.2 Normal Start Time 8:30 AM Normal End Time 5:00 PM Position/Job Summary
The Assistant Director of Brand Governance and Planning works closely with the Executive Director of Creative Strategy & Development to sustain and grow Ithaca College's brand. The Assistant Director monitors and improves the creative team's workflow and project management practices, including developing resource plans and prioritizing work across multiple types of creative assignments, from straightforward requests to more complex, multi-month projects, and will play a crucial role in ongoing cost/benefit analysis, including tracking and reporting. With a strong project management focus, the Assistant Director will help manage special large projects that require close collaboration across departments. The position requires helping to identify brand touch points throughout the institution and beyond to develop systems and processes that will provide key brand resources. Close collaboration with all members of our department as well as partners throughout the college will be critical for success in this role. This role is designed to unite plans, processes, assets, measurement, and reporting across all departments in the communications office.
1. Process/Operations Management
• Under guidance of the Executive Director of Creative Strategy & Development, organize and lead initiatives to develop and maintain rational standardized processes to support efficient and strategic use of department resources.
• Direct day-to-day operational functions for the creative team, including project management processes, ongoing cost/benefit analysis, tracking/reporting (including systematizing and actively tracking all aspects of the team's work, both in-house and outsourced), and forecasting.
• Identify opportunities to increase efficiency and quality of workflow and processes.
• Help assure work maintains strategic focus, assisting with ideation and concepting when appropriate.
• Collaborate with Director of Multimedia and Director of Design as necessary.
2. Project Management
• Develop project plans, create schedules, determine timelines and milestones that protect the process, ensure job scope is kept in mind, and plan for future resource needs
• Enforce, modify and facilitate process of project plans in the interest of creating the best work possible while meeting agreed-upon deadlines
• Outline and implement a strategic work management system, including templates, branding resources, vendors, and outsourcing processes.
• Serve as dedicated project manager on special strategic projects that require sustained contribution from across the communications office.
• Organize and attend meetings with campus partners to identity needs and areas for improvement.
• Work with management to plan and implement the annual calendar of activities and forecasting.
• Help develop and maintain best-in-class project tracking methods and KPI's.
3. Brand Management
• Help unify brand representation throughout the college by identifying opportunities to develop and share meaningful assets, e.g. photography, video, copy, best practices, logos, guidelines for social media.
• Develop and implement processes allowing seamless access to assets by campus partners, and to support design work campus-wide.
• Increase quality of brand representation, and help cultivate brand buy-in among campus partners by leading trainings and workshops.
• Identify opportunities and establish a rational re-branding process and schedule for recurring materials.
• Create systems and processes to engage with important brand touch points throughout the college.
4. Performance Management
• Help develop and maintain department performance indicators to report outcomes including partner satisfaction.
• Work with colleagues and campus partner experience to identify areas for possible improvement.
• Help ensure project performance goals are set and met.
5. General Responsibilities
• Work with the Executive Director to assure operations meet objectives.
• Actively participate in strategic planning.
• Support the institution's strategic alliances and partnerships.
• Delegate duties as appropriate.
• Provide training, mentorship and guidance to operations staff.
• Develop a systematic process to hire, train, supervise, and mentor student workers.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
• Proven project management skills;
• Sophisticated reasoning skills: creative and critical thinker and problem-solver;
• Comfortable managing multiple work streams in a dynamic environment
• Strong organizational and time management skills;
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to work as part of a team;
• Consultative and collaborative approach;
• Results oriented, self-directed, flexible;
• Consistent pursuit of innovation to raise the bar;
• Ability to effectively work and interact respectfully within a diverse and inclusive environment.
• Sense of humor.
• Bachelor's degree in the arts, graphic design, marketing, operations, project management or related field (or 4 years of progressively demanding work in the field);
• Minimum 2 years of related professional experience required.
• Proven experience applying industry standard project management practices;
• Comprehensive, advanced knowledge and skills in project management and project management methodologies.
• In-depth knowledge of operations systems and problems, and typical creative processes for all formats;
• Eye for brand consistency and desire to create efficient processes;
• Professional project management certification or equivalent experience a big plus
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software a plus.
• Experience working on a robust marketing or creative team strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of the education market - teachers, students, school administrators preferred
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume and cover letter and list of three professional references. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.
Work authorization (select one): Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position Department description College Description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. Our strategic plan, IC 20/20, positions us to offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State's scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger's as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.edu
Market Hiring Range $48,000 - $53,000 FLSA Status Exempt Is this position eligible for benefits? Yes
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Reference List
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).