Lead Helpdesk Specialist
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2017-061
Posting Start Date: 6/20/2017
Minimum Education: Associates
Additional Documentation: Transcripts Required (upload as other)
Compensation: $18 - $20 / hour
Lead Helpdesk Specialist
A Helpdesk Specialist Lead is responsible for:
- Partial supervisory responsibility for lower level IT Specialists.
- Exhibit exceptional customer services skills
- Create new processes to improve services
- Create SLAs and surveys
- Respond to clients telephone calls and email requests for service in a timely manner.
- Assign request to the appropriate queues/folders for processing in IT Services
- Resolve all Tier I calls over the phone or remotely
- Generate weekly and monthly helpdesk report or as needed by management
- Track open tickets and assign to Tier II and Tier II
- Track in-coming and out-going inventory and maintain a database
- An Associate Degree in information technology-related discipline or a minimum of 5 years of experience working in a helpdesk environment;
- Excellent communications oral and written
- Network knowledge and experience with IP addressing, domains, work groups, active director, and permissions;
- Five (5) years basic computer skills;
- Five (5) years of experience using software applications, such as Remote Desktop, Microsoft Office Suite with exceptional skills in Excel and PowerPoint;
- A Bachelor's degree in any information technology-related discipline
- 8 years' experience working as in the capacity of Helpdesk Tier II or Tier III
- Three (3) ITIL knowledge and experience
- Time Management
- Data reporting experience in a Helpdesk environment
- Image deployment for desktops and upgrades
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410.209.6055 or HRComplianceCoordina@bccc.edu
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.