Director, Austria-Illinois Exchange Program - Student Academic Affairs Office, College of Liberal A
Director, Austria-Illinois Exchange Program
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Director, Austria-Illinois Exchange Program serves as main administrator in Vienna for exchange program between the University of Illinois and the consortium of academic partners in Vienna, Austria (Vienna University of Economics and Business, University of Vienna, Vienna University of Technology, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences), teaches core program courses, provides academic and personal advising, and manages all logistics related to student life and mobility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as liaison to consortium partners in Vienna
- Contribute to program recruitment in both Vienna and on Illinois campus
- Provide academic and personal advising for program participants, including significant cultural orientation once students arrive in-country
- Manage academic records for participant course work
- Secure and manage student housing in Vienna and manage student life affairs for program participants, including serving as program emergency response for Illinois students abroad
- Create and manage program budget on site in Vienna
- Provide logistic and budgetary management support for campus-based international education-affiliated staff
- Collaborate with Illinois faculty leading courses abroad to provide local Vienna housing, student life, and other support as requested/negotiated
- Contribute to ongoing program assessment and development, including making arrangements and hosting Illinois staff visiting the program for assessment and program development purposes;
- Liaise with Viennese students coming to University of Illinois as part of exchange program, including assistance with the Illinois application process and providing cultural orientation prior to their departure for the U.S.
- Supervise graduate assistant who provides program support in Vienna, when needed
- Teach core program courses in German language and culture (2/semester),
- Offer tutorial instruction for advanced undergraduate course at the University of Vienna,
- Provide orientation programs for incoming fall and spring students, as well as orientations for faculty-led Illinois courses when requested.
- Three years of experience in teaching advanced undergraduate courses in German language, literature, and culture;
- Administrative and student life experience;
- Deep familiarity with both the Austrian and US educational systems; Fluency in both English and German language;
- One year of experience managing student mobility programming.
- Experience on the University of Illinois campus and familiarity with Illinois students;
- Experience living in Vienna and attending one of the partner universities;
- Experience in recruiting and advising students on exchange programs;
- Experience working with students from a variety of disciplines;
- Experience managing budgets and activity reports;
- Strong professional communication skills in both German and English.
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
This is a full-time, academic professional position in Vienna, Austria appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND DEADLINE INFORMATION
To apply for this position, please create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter and resume by July 5, 2017. Online application will require names and contact information including email addresses for three professional references. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Allison Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Liberal Arts and Sciences
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Director, Austria-Illinois Exchange Program - Student Academic Affairs Office, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (A1700378)
Open Date: 06/20/2017
Organization Name: Student Admissn Oth