Associate Director -- Illinois Business Consulting, College of Business (A1700320)
ILLINOIS BUSINESS CONSULTING (IBC)
College of Business
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Extended June 20, 2017
Responsible for gaining fee-based consulting projects and offering applied management experience for students at the University of Illinois. Work closely with IBC Director, Assistant Dean, undergraduate, graduate, and post doctorate students in both the acquisition and delivery of the consulting engagements. Help oversee student projects, develop and conduct training for students, provide classroom instruction, develop proposals and collaborate with other units and external organizations.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain relationships with a variety of corporate, not-for-profit, start-up, community and campus entities and faculty
- Assist Director to source fee-based consulting projects with companies throughout the US
- Assist Director to source clients for the Global Consulting Program offered to MBA students
- Organize and implement initiatives in coordination with IBC student leadership team
- Oversee and manage student projects
- Develop and conduct training for students
- Assist the Director in providing leadership and oversight to student leaders. Offer support to the Student Leadership Team as they actively engage with companies and work to run a business
- Provide an environment for students to successfully provide for-fee services and develop professionally and personally
- Work on a team to acquire projects, oversee the project experience and ultimately work to further develop the students involved both professionally and personally
- Occasional domestic and international travel
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor's degree required; MBA or other relevant master's degree highly preferred.
Required: At least ten years of work experience in consulting industry and/or in a corporate environment. Demonstrated project management and business development is essential. Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, energy and enthusiasm for working with students, a desire to collaborate and partner, and an ability to relate with corporate executives and entrepreneurs.
Preferred: Hands-on business consulting experience highly preferred. Previous experience and familiarity with student consulting highly desired.
This is a full-time (100%), benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
For full consideration, create your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references by June 28, 2017. Interviews may be conducted before the closing date; however, no hiring decisions will be made until after the search has closed. For further information regarding our application procedures, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Business
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Associate Director -- Illinois Business Consulting, College of Business (A1700320)
Open Date: 05/26/2017
Organization Name: Illinois Business Consulting