ACUC Compliance Analyst
Working Title: ACUC Compliance Analyst
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Office of the VP for Research
Posting Date: 06-20-2017
The Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) is a federally mandated committee responsible for overseeing the humane care and use of animals used in research, teaching, and testing at the University of Virginia and ensuring compliance with all federal and state animal welfare laws and regulations. Under the supervision of the Director, the Compliance Analyst will support the mission of the IACUC Office. The Analyst will be responsible for pre-reviewing and editing research proposals to ensure consistency with all relevant laws, regulations, and policies, interact with investigators on protocol issues, provide training on the web-based protocol system, advise investigators on IACUC policies and guidelines, and maintain accurate records of all official IACUC business. The Compliance Analyst will provide support for IACUC meetings and work directly with IACUC members, faculty, scientists, research staff, and administrative staff. The successful candidate will be a well-organized, detail oriented person, who can work well both independently and as a team member. Cross training and a working knowledge of all administrative functions of the IACUC office will be expected.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Strong analytical, organizational, writing, and communication skills required.
2. Knowledge of scientific and medical terminology; demonstrated understanding of scientific methodology
3. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
4. Ability to work effectively at meeting rigid deadlines and performing at a highly professional level.
5. Skill in writing detailed, clear, precise, and grammatically correct technical reports, letters, and memos.
6. Accuracy and attention to detail are essential.
7. A documented work history of excellence and outstanding customer service are mandatory.
8. Must be accepting of animal research.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82141