ACUC Office Coordinator
Working Title: ACUC Office Coordinator
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Office of the VP for Research
Posting Date: 06-20-2017
The Office of the Vice President for Research at the University of Virginia is seeing a candidate with strong organizational, administrative, and interpersonal skills to fill the position of ACUC Office Coordinator. The individual must demonstrate initiative, flexibility and exemplary customer service skills in order to respond to the varying demands of working in a fast-paced environment. This position will support both the Animal Care and Use Committee (ACUC) and the Office of Animal Welfare (OAW).
The successful candidate will be required to pay strong attention to detail and be able to meet critical and cyclical deadlines. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential to the mission. This individual will serve as the initial point of contact for the office and must professionally and promptly address all the inquiries from the public, government, other University offices, or faculty, staff, and students. Some of the responsibilities include, but are not limited to: data input, purchasing supplies, maintenance of records, document and spreadsheet preparation, preliminary review of protocols, correspondence, online protocol system assistance, support of monthly meetings and Orientation Seminar. Basic knowledge of regulations governing animal welfare and research preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Strong interpersonal skills and must work well with public
2. Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects, many of which are complex.
3. Must be able to maintain confidentiality
4. Must be able to demonstrate leadership and ability to work independently most of the time
5. Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
6. Strong writing and communication skills
7. Must enjoy helping people work through computer problems or to understand regulations
8. Must be able to adhere to strict deadlines and budget time accordingly
9. Ability to train others
10. Must be accepting of animal research.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82140