RN Charge Nurse - Registered Nurse
Afternoons Full and Part Time
$500.00 Sign on Bonus Available
JOB DESCRIPTION: Charge Nurse
SUPERVISOR: Director of Nursing
AREA OF SUPERVISION: LPN's and Nurse Assistants
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supervise nursing activities at the nursing station on each shift; organize and assign jobs to be accomplished on each shift based upon resident population, staff qualifications, and physical structure; make rounds to observe and evaluate physical, emotional and social needs of residents; prepare and administer medications; chart as required; give treatments; consult with physicians; communicate with Director of Nursing and staff.
The person holding this position is delegated the responsibility for carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities in accordance with current existing federal and state regulations and established company policies and procedures.
License/Registration: Hold a current, unencumbered license in this state as a registered nurse or licensed vocational nurse or licensed practical nurse. Registered with the State Board of Registration in Ohio.
Continuing Education: As required to retain license and registration.
Education: Must be a graduate of a state approved school of vocational/practical or professional nursing.
Experience: At least six months as a staff nurse in a long-term care facility.
Job Knowledge: Nursing policies and procedures; administration of medication, possible side effects, and treatment as prescribed; federal, state and local laws and regulations relating to resident care; comprehensive knowledge of nursing practices; physical, psychological, social, and medical needs of residents; organizational structure and duties of employees under supervision of charge nurse.
Professional Memberships: Recommended and encouraged.
Other: Competence in supervision, leadership, caring attitude, observant, maintain good working relationship, judgment, and emotional stability.
1. Responsible for nursing care of residents during shift.
2. Recognize significant changes in conditions of residents during your shift and apprise the attending physician, family, Director of Nursing and Administrator.
3. Provide direct nursing care and/or supervise nursing personnel in duties and routines to achieve the underlying goal of quality nursing care through continuity.
4. Supervise direct resident care personnel on your shift.
5. Prepare and administer or supervise preparation and administration of medications and prescribed treatment.
6. Participate in the maintenance of communication systems through accurate recording and reporting of resident information.
7. Verify inventory of drugs covered by Controlled Substances Act of 1970.
8. Provide leadership and guidance to personnel, evaluate performance, and discuss progress and needs for improvement.
9. Review time schedules and take appropriate steps to fill in for call offs. Notify Director of Nursing and Human Resources of all changes.
10. Supervise LPN's and STNA's in performing duties by checking their work closely to be sure assignments have been completed.
11. Supervise and assist with mealtimes.
12. Ensure individual Resident Assessment and Care Plans are followed.
13. Strive to maintain a safe environment.
14. Ensure that proper infection control procedures are followed.
15. Participate in staff meetings.
16. Be sensitive to resident families and respond in an appropriate professional manner.
17. Order medications.
18. Relate well to residents, co-workers, family members and the general public while maintaining a thorough understanding of all resident rights and HIPAA.
WORK AREA AND ENVIRONMENT:
Nursing stations, medical supply room, supply areas, resident rooms, and other areas in the facility.
NOTE: This description is a general description of the duties and responsibilities of this position and is not to be interpreted as a complete list of duties and requirements for this position.
Founded in 1961, Windsor Medical Center is Stark County's first purpose built Long Term Care Facility. A boutique facility, Windsor Medical Center has maintained a reputation for excellence by combining cutting edge technology with traditional values to provide world class care. As a local Family-owned business, Windsor Medical Center is an excellent place to live as well as work. Considering joining our team? Contact Windsor Medical Center to find out about all of the great benefits available as a part of the Windsor family.
North Canton, OH
Tue, 20 Jun 2017 09:29:04 PDT