Assistant Director of Athletics for Marketing and Community Relations
Requisition # 2017-7683
Date Posted 6/20/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Application Deadline ..
The mission of Princeton University Department of Athletics is to strive for excellence in academics and athletics, while embracing equity in opportunity, good sportsmanship, and ethical conduct.
Reporting to the Senior Associate Director of Athletics for External Relations, the Assistant Director of Athletics for Marketing and Community Relations will oversee the marketing and promotional efforts for the Department of Athletics while working closely with the department's corporate sponsorship entity on fulfillment. The Assistant Director of Athletics for Marketing and Community Relations will also assist in the strategy and fulfillment of the department's branding initiatives, including oversight of the graphic identity and style guide.
- Creating and implementing marketing and promotional strategies for Princeton's 37 varsity teams, with a primary focus on the five ticketed sports: football, men's basketball, women's basketball, men's hockey and men's lacrosse.
- Work closely with Princeton's Athletic Ticket Office to aid strategy for group sales, season ticket sales and single-game ticket sales.
- Work closely with Princeton's official corporate sponsorship entity (IMG Sports) in terms of fulfillment and strategy for sponsor acquisition and retention.
- Partner with on-campus and community groups to drive attendance at ticketed home contests, including oversight of the Tiger Universe Rewards Fan app.
- Oversight of the departmental marketing budget, including advertising spend on an annual basis.
- Oversee in-game promotions at several sports and manage an inventory of giveaway and promotional items.
- Integrate digital marketing efforts, digital campaigns and graphic design for the department.
- Serve as the department liaison to the band and cheerleaders.
- Serve as a liaison to campus and community partners, including the Office of Community & Regional Affairs and the Office of the Dean of Undergraduate Students.
- Serve as a liaison to student workers and casual hourly workers.
- Ensure execution of the department's Athletics Style guide and brand guidelines.
- Serve as a liaison to external graphic design groups to assist in the execution of facility upgrades and enhancements.
- Serve as a member of the Department's external relations team and help to support Princeton Varsity Club events and initiatives where applicable (e.g. Tiger Athletics Give Day).
- Adhere to NCAA and Ivy League rules and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of five to seven years of experience in athletic marketing or a similar field
- Ability to represent the Department of Athletics on campus and in the local community
- Strong writing skills
- Work at games and other events on nights and weekends
- Graphic design knowledge
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Work Schedule, If Other Than Standard Hours
Nights and weekends required.
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.