Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
College of Nursing
Professional Research Assistant
Position #00654547 - Requisition 08474
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
This position will work in the College of Nursing, under the direction of Dr. Marilyn Krajicek. This position will be responsible for producing and publishing reports, monitoring regulations and maintaining a database of information related to a grant for Dr. Krajicek.
- Producing reports on states changes in obesity prevention regulations for the CDC
- Publish report in April
- Monitoring regulations on ongoing basis published regulations
- Rating states based on identified standards in Caring for our Children program based on standardized scale
- Identify and find text in which rating is formed from
- Maintain database
- Resolve discrepancies
- Producing charts for analysis
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
- Master's level degree in Nursing, Public Health, Bioinformatics, or related field
- 1 year of experience in Public Health as it relates to Children's Health & Nutrition
- 3 years of experience in Public Health related to Children's Health & Nutrition
Competencies / Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with State Childcare Licensing - nationally
- Familiarity with caring for our children's standards
- Familiarity with home care
- High level of expertise in excel and adobe pdf
- Writing and analytical skills
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications received by 2/20/2017 Those who do not apply by 2/20/2017 may or may not be considered.
Questions should be directed to email@example.com
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 8474
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20468 - College of Nursing
Posting Date: Feb 15, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Ryan Untisz
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00654547