Lecturer-Painting & Drawing
University of Colorado
This posting will establish and maintain a pool of Lecturers for the College of Arts & Media Visual Arts Department to teach in the area of Painting and Drawing. Candidates hired from this pool will fill temporary, non-tenure track positions and will teach no more than two courses per semester. Appointments will be part-time (less than 50%) and will be made semester-by-semester, depending on the needs of the department. Therefore, this posting does not necessarily reflect a current open position. This temporary Lecturer recruitment pool is anticipated to remain continuously active until December 31, 2018, at which point all applicants will be cleared from the pool. Applicants are encouraged to apply to future recruitment pools after that date.
This position reports to Visual Arts Department and the area head of the Painting/Drawing program.
Examples of Work Performed
- Teach courses on the undergraduate level, from foundation level drawing to advanced levels in Painting and Drawing emphasis area using both traditional andcontemporary painting and drawing practices.
- Participate in faculty jury to evaluate portfolios of prospective Illustration students annually in the fall semester
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exceptional communication skills
- Broad knowledge of the history of art, modern, and contemporary art
- Ability to work independently
- MFA degree in studio art
- Strong skills in teaching both objective/perceptual (perspective and figure drawing) and non-objective/conceptual problems
- Ability to teach and work with a diverse student body
- 2-3 years teaching experience on the college level
- Multidisciplinary arts practice
Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/careers, refer to job posting 04028.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Salary depends on the number of credit hours per class and ranges from $1,265 to $4,815 per course. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 04028
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30120 - CAM-Visual Arts
Posting Date: Oct 7, 2016
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Melissa Furness
Posting Contact Email: Melissa.email@example.com
Position Number: 00642304