University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Associate Professor - Neuro Oncology
The Department of Pediatrics Section of Hem/Onc/BMT has an opening for a full-time position Associate Professor You will have approximately with 80% of your time spent conducting laboratory research with the Neuro Oncology program and 20% of your time spent as a faculty member practicing Pediatric Hematology/Oncology/Bone Marrow Transplant independently in the inpatient and outpatient setting.
Examples of Clinical Work Performed
- Provides comprehensive medical care to Pediatric Hematology, Oncology and/or Bone Marrow/Stem Cell Transplant patients and their families in both Inpatient and Outpatient Settings. Manages patient care in collaboration with other physicians, care providers and other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Participates in teaching and research activities. This is a laboratory-based position. Duties in this faculty position include teaching, research, and service responsibilities.
- Actively supervise and mentor fellows and graduate students, including career guidance and teaching.
- Your clinical responsibilities will include:
- Provide coverage in Neuro-Oncology outpatient clinics at Children's Hospital Colorado.
- Approximately 4 weeks per year coverage as the attending physician responsible for oversight of the inpatient Oncology service
- Share holiday and weekend call with other Hem/Onc/BMT faculty members
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a comprehensive urban research university serving more than 28,000 students in metropolitan Denver and online. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado public institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer 119 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is well known for its distinctive and highly productive research programs, its world-class health facilities at the Anschutz Medical Campus and its well-established partnerships in business, industry and government. These campuses currently have over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at our Anschutz Medical Campus, a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver. Denver is one of America's most vibrant urban centers and the downtown campus, located just steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District, affords our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
• MD, MD/PhD, PhD must be board certified/eligible in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology. Maintenance of Certification is required. Training and expertise in pediatric hematology, Oncology or BMT
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to see patients in an academic setting with high customer service skills and ability to meet productivity targets
• Physician; board certified/eligible in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
• Maintain a current Colorado State Medical License and DEA certification
• Experience in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
• Evidence of sustained independent funding of laboratory work, with preference given to candidates who have secured at least one cycle of renewed funding
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Review of applications will begin 10/1/16, and will continue until the position is filled. Questions should be directed to Rajeev Vibhakar Rajeev.Vibhakar@ucdenver.edu
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID:
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document (optional)
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20877 - SOM-PEDS Hematology-Onc-GenOps
Posting Date: Sep 20, 2016
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Dr. Rajeev Vibhakar
Posting Contact Email: Rajeev.Vibhakar@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00680754