Burn/Acute Care Surgeon
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Burn/Acute Care Surgeon
The position is responsible for staffing and call coverage for the burn and trauma-acute care surgery service and the burn and surgery-trauma intensive care services. Will participate in medical student, resident and fellow education as well as scholarly activity commensurate with qualifications.
Examples of Work Performed:
- All aspects of burn surgery and acute care surgery
- Staffing and Call Coverage for the Burn and Trauma-Acute Care services
- Completion of a burn fellowship
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Burn and acute care surgery
- Excellence in surgical education, research and patient care
- Board certified or Board-eligible Surgical Critical Care and Burn Surgery after completion of formal fellowship programs in critical care and burn surgery is strongly preferred
- Prior research training
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 07685
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20318 - SOM-SRG-GI Clinical
Posting Date: Dec 1, 2016
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Bryan Downey
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00730178