Associate Director, Undergraduate Admission
The Associate Director will recruit and advise prospective students and applicants to the College and share travel, interview, presentation, and application review responsibilities with a counseling staff of twelve.
* Interview prospective students, conduct Group Information Sessions, and travel to represent the College at high schools, community colleges, college fairs and other appropriate programs including on-campus Open Houses and yield events. (This will include some evening and weekend work).
* Review admission applications to the College (this will include some evening and weekend work).
* Cultivate relationships with students, school counselors, faculty, staff, and alumni/ae.
* Take on, lead, and coordinate specialized roles that will include one or more of the following: Data Management International Recruitment, Diversity Recruitment, Transfer Admission, Special Events, Management of Student Interns, Coordination of Scholarship Review process and/or other admission projects as assigned. (Responsibilities will be assigned based on skills and areas of interests of the successful candidate).
* Assists in the training and development of new and current employees and mentors Admission Counselors and Assistant Directors.
* Assume additional responsibilities as required.
Admission Counselor and/or Assistant Director (1-2)
Minimum Level of Education Required Bachelor's Degree
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
* Requires a minimum of 6-8 years of previous experience
* Demonstrated ability to work creatively and efficiently, both independently and as part of a team.
* Excellent public speaking, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated interest in enrolling and retaining a diverse student body with a focused interest in the value of a global education.
* Familiarity with using Slate as a CRM platform.
* Willingness to serve as a liaison to other offices on campus.
* Ability to create an environment where direct reports have the freedom and security to take initiative; deal with complexities with resilience, resourcefulness, and optimism; and appreciate open mindedness, creativity, and agility in thought and tactics.
* Ability to embraces ideas and changes created by all community members.
* Ability to work independently to solve problems; look for opportunities to take on responsibility; take thoughtful risks; and effectively act on new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
* Ability to anticipate and effectively handle change; demonstrate willingness to try new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
* Previous admission experience required.
* Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends.
* Must have had a valid unrestricted U.S. Driver's License for one year, and maintain throughout employment an insurable (as determined by the College's insurer's criteria) or a satisfactory driving record; must successfully complete and pass the College's vehicle training program within the first 60 days of employment; annual or more frequent review of employee's driving record based on the College insurer's criteria; and safety training as required by management.
Interested candidates should apply via our website https://babson.peopleadmin.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. Babson College is committed to enhancing diversity and inclusion across all levels of the College. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this value are strongly encouraged to apply.