Will recruit and advise prospective students and applicants to the College, and share travel, interview, presentation, and application review and decision responsibilities with a counseling staff of twelve.
* Interview, conduct Group Information Sessions, and travel to represent the College at high schools, community colleges, college fairs, and other appropriate programs including on-campus Open Houses and yield events. (This will include evening and weekend work).
* Review admission applications to the College, present recommendations to the admission committee and have ownership in decision-making processes. (This will require evening and weekend work).
* Maintain responsibility for geographic territory, including oversight of inquiry and applicant statistics and Cultivating relationships with students, school counselors, faculty, staff and alumni/ae.
* Cover, support, or co-coordinate office initiatives or responsibilities that are appropriate for an entry-level position.
* Contribute to research, development, implementation, and content of various social media initiatives.
* Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Student interns and/or work-study students
Minimum Level of Education Required Bachelor's Degree
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
* Demonstrated ability to work creatively and efficiently, both independently and as part of a team
* Commitment to a diverse working environment and to cultivating a diverse community
* Excellent public speaking, interpersonal and written communication skills, and exceptional critical decision-making ability
* Envisions and proposes new methods to perform tasks that support ET&A; takes thoughtful risks; and accepts new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
* Anticipates and embraces change; demonstrates willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
* Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
* Willingness to work some evenings and weekends; travel required (annual travel is estimated at approximately 8-10 weeks per year).
* Must have had a valid unrestricted U.S. Driver's License for one year, and maintain throughout employment an insurable (as determined by the College's insurer's criteria) or a satisfactory driving record; must successfully complete and pass the College's vehicle training program within the first 60 days of employment; annual or more frequent review of employee's driving record based on the College insurer's criteria; and safety training as required by management.
Interested candidates should apply via our website https://babson.peopleadmin.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. Babson College is committed to enhancing diversity and inclusion across all levels of the College. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this value are strongly encouraged to apply.