Assistant Coach Womens Soccer
• Collaborates with the head coach on all aspects of the management and direction of the program in conjunction with the overall strategic plan for Athletics; assumes the duties of the head coach in his/her absence.
• Assists in planning and coaching practice sessions and games as directed by the head coach; teaches advanced-level skills and game strategies.
• Counsels students on general and sport-related matters. Makes student referrals to appropriate student support resources and offices as necessary.
• Assists in the monitoring of academic progress of student athletes; collaborates with class deans; serves as a mentor to athletes helping to resolve academic and non-academic issues; makes him/herself available to coaches and players before, during, and after practices, games, and events.
• Develops and maintains liaison relationship with Health Services, Residential Education, Student Activities and Leadership Programs, and other appropriate departments in order to facilitate program development and management for student athletes.
• Assist the head coach in scouting opponents to help prepare, plan, conduct, and evaluate practice sessions as required.
• Assist the head coach, as needed, in the recruitment of student athletes including but not limited to contacting high/prep school coaches to identify prospective recruits, planning recruiting trips with the head coach, attending off-campus games to evaluate athletes, and preparing and distributing recruiting information.
• Assumes additional secondary responsibilities in the department as required by the Senior Director of Athletics and Athletic Advancement.
Minimum Level of Education Required Bachelor's Degree
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
• Some previous coaching experience.
• Strong communication skills.
• Computer proficiency.
• Compliance with all NCAA, NEWMAC and Babson College rules.
• Commitment to working with a diverse student body, staff, and other constituents.
• Envisions and proposes new methods to perform tasks that support ET&A; takes thoughtful risks; and accepts new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
• Anticipates and embraces change; demonstrates willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
• Regular physical exertion, walking and exposure to weather are required; Light lifting required (50 pounds and under).
• Ability to work days, evenings, and weekends, and to travel in person and stay overnight (for one or more nights) for all regular and post-season games, conferences, and tournaments as identified and directed by the Head Coach.
• Must have had a valid unrestricted U.S. Driver's License for one year, and maintain throughout employment an insurable (as determined by the College's insurer's criteria) or a satisfactory driving record; must successfully complete and pass the College's vehicle training program within the first 60 days of employment; annual or more frequent review of employee's driving record based on the College insurer's criteria; and safety training as required by management.
Interested candidates should apply via our website https://babson.peopleadmin.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. Babson College is committed to enhancing diversity and inclusion across all levels of the College. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this value are strongly encouraged to apply.