Coordinator – Graduate Program in Healthcare Management and Assistant/Associate Professor
We seek a dynamic individual to coordinate the newly developed graduate program in Healthcare Management and to also teach within the program. The successful candidate will have a doctoral degree (PhD, DrPH, EdD, etc), have been a practitioner and administrator in the field of healthcare management, and have a strong academic background in higher education. The ideal candidate will also have experience in professional leadership, health science and information technology. Experience in teaching in a distance and/or blended format is required.
The Coordinator will report directly to the Associate Provost and Dean of the School of Education, Health and Human Sciences (SEHHS). The Coordinator will carry a course load of 24 credits with an annual course release of six credits through the University and will demonstrate the ability to creatively engage students in didactic and experiential learning opportunities in the on-line environment, and collaborate with other graduate program leaders, Associate Provost and Dean of SEHHS, and other faculty members/staff of the university,
The individual selected for this position will join a collaborative, fast-paced and dedicated School who emphasizes excellence in education at all levels. They will be involved in seeking new program offerings; and designing significant new initiatives for the purposes of cutting-edge preparation.
Bay Path University is an institution that places the utmost importance on the faculty’s ability to teach and relate to all students, whether in undergraduate or graduate programs. The importance of teaching at the graduate level equals the importance at the undergraduate level. At the same time, Bay Path University is committed to advancing its Health Care and Health Science programs. The Healthcare Management program exists within the Bay Path University School of Education, Human and Health Sciences, and, as such, contributes to the overall graduate academic commitment to a sound and exciting Liberal Arts education.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Program Coordinator will:
- In coordination with the Associate Provost and Dean of SEHHS, be responsible for the management and administration of the program, including planning, evaluation, budgeting, selection of faculty and staff, and commitment to strategies of professional development.
- Teach a minimum of 18 credits annually through the university at the graduate level. (This reflects release time of 6 credits, allowing the Coordinator to perform all necessary administrative duties).
- Participate in departmental and institutional meetings, committees, and functions as necessary and appropriate.
- In collaboration with the Associate Provost and Dean of SEHHS , oversee the Healthcare Management program, scheduled to begin with its first cohort in Fall 2017.
- In collaboration with the Associate Provost and Dean of SEHHS ,develop and implement an academic advising plan for all program students.
- Advise program students in academic and professional issues.
- Participate in the admissions process, which may include Open Houses, webinars, orientation, communicating with prospective and/or accepted students, and interviewing students as requested.
- Work collaboratively with the Associate Provost and Dean of SEHHS and other faculty and staff for program assessment and student learning outcomes.
- Lead the development of the assessment plan for the program.
- Work collaboratively with the Associate Provost and Dean of SEHHS to ensure program meets standards consistent with University requirements; gather outcome data for inclusion in appropriate annual reports.
- Engage in a process of formative and summative course evaluation to enhance the student learning experience.
- Engage in appropriate and relevant professional development.
- Maintain professional licensure.
- Maintain an active presence on the campus including attendance student events.
- Participate in program and curriculum development.
- Attend faculty and other University meetings.
- Attend all major University events (e.g. Commencement, Convocation).
- Identify student learning needs; propose solutions to address needs.
- Adhere to HIPAA and FERPA privacy standards.
- Attend trainings as required.
- Perform any other job related functions as assigned by the Associate Provost and Dean of SEHHS.
- Supervise program faculty and staff.
- Hire and orient new adjunct and full-time faculty for each academic year.
- Review and update all assessment plans for the program.
- Review all course evaluation and other available outcome data (e.g. student satisfaction surveys, portfolios, employer or internship feedback) and incorporate findings into assessment plans in collaboration with Associate Provost and Dean of SEHHS.
- Attend to departmental administrative duties as they arise.
- Participate in admissions activities and events as requested.
- Develop schedule for program.
- Oversee orientation for incoming program students.
- Collaborate with Associate Provost and Dean of SEHHS, the Instructional Designer, and the faculty to develop interactive online activities and instruction for course.
- Attend trainings as required.
- An earned doctoral degree in Healthcare Management or a related health care field.
- Have a minimum of 8 years of documented experience in the field of healthcare.
- Administrative experience including, but not limited to, program planning and implementation, personnel management, evaluation and budgeting.
- Knowledge of information technology.
- Scholarship of application as well as teaching and learning.
- At least 3 years of experience in a full-time academic appointment with teaching responsibilities at the post-secondary level.
- Possess strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Experience teaching in an online or blended format.
- Experience in professional leadership, healthcare, health science and/or information technology.
- A commitment to principles of diversity, respect and inclusion.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with faculty, students, staff, and administration.
- Ability to use the University’s resources, notably technology, to promote effective teaching and learning.
- Interest, initiative, and ability to work with the Associate Provost and Dean of the School of Education, Human and Health Sciences, department faculty, and administrators for program development, implementation, and outcomes assessment.
- An ability to be passionate about Bay Path University’s history, mission and hallmark strengths.
- Valid driver’s license necessary.
- Successful completion of the driver safety course and pass annual driving record check at time of hire and annually thereafter.
- Experience effectively engaging backgrounds, identities, and communities different from one’s own.
- An appreciation for the University’s mission, purpose and goals and the role of faculty in achieving those goals
Applicants for this position should submit a cover letter outlining salary requirements, resume, and contact information for four professional references. All applications should be sent electronically in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An equal opportunity employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.